Nokukhanya (Chapter 28)

Chapter 28

 Nokukhanya Ngwenya 

Me and my big mouth. Entlek I should say me and big brain. It started with its nonsense, over thinking things then my mouth started running and when it starts it never really stops and this time it created some trouble for Langa. Jeez! Nokukhanya, couldn’t you keep quiet and let their business be their business and not get yourself involved.

Shoo!

I place King in my bed and watch him sleep. He is such a peaceful child and I just wonder if Mzwandile knows about him. Fikile is such a conniving bitch. How can she play Langa like this? For the fact that she let him marry her because he thought she was carrying his child says a lot about the type of woman she is.  Gugu is here with me and keeping Nonjabulo busy. My baby is such a happy child since we came here. She keeps stealing glances at me and it is starting to annoy me. Can she not say whats on her mind and stop looking at me like I have killed someone… oh well I know I just killed Langa’s marriage but what the hell. The look that she giving me is giving me the creeps.

“Do you want to say something to me?” I ask her.

“No…Uhm why do you ask.” Can I roll my eyes right now? Can I take my approval back? Because wow.

“You keep looking at me.” I say.

“Did you really have to do that though? Today?” She asks then pecks my daughter’s forehead.

Today? 

Ooh I see. 

She thinks I ruined her time here, doesn’t she? I take my daughter from her and put her next to King. Nonjabulo is my sweet baby, in a second, she will be asleep there’s no fuss and running around with her. She knows her bedtime.

“Look Gugu, this isn’t about you or me but Nonjabulo’s father. He deserved to know the truth whether he found out about it today or tomorrow it doesn’t matter. Ukuthi my mouth decided to run today that isn’t my fault. Whats special about today to you huh? That Lindokuhle brought you here so you can meet everyone because you two are dating? Look here Sisi neh, I don’t have time for all of this. If you feel like I ruined or taken your shine, then I do apologise to you. And, I don’t have to explain myself to you, or do I?” I ask her and she just looks at me.

I want to say I lot to her more like vent out my frustration, but I will not do that in front of the children and plus she just came here to be introduced to the family, us fighting will make her hate me more than I think she already is. So, I walk out after turning on the baby monitor. She can stand there and look after them for all I care. When I get to the living room everyone is quiet looking at Fikile cry. She is such an ugly crier. Look at her face. He is not here. He did he go to manje?

“You!” She charges to me, but Lindokuhle grabs her before she reaches me.

That was fast.

“Let me go Lindokuhle. I want to deal with this bitch. Couldn’t you mind your own business and stay away from mine?” She shouts.

“Where is Langa?” I ask instead.

“Nokukhanya stay away from my husband! Do you hear me? Stay away!” I look at one of Langa’s aunts and she nods her head towards the door letting me know that he walked out.

I go straight to his house and find it still locked. I’m not allowed to enter the main house, so I don’t even go there. I look around the yard and spot him sitting inside his car. Smoking. 

Shoo!

Smoking?

When did he start smoking vele?

I messed up. Big time.