Nokukhanya (Chapter 4)

Chapter 4

●Nokukhanya Ngwenya 

This is witchcraft I’m telling you. Its been 5 days since I collided with that stupid board and my head bump is still here visible for everyone to look at and laugh at me.

That man in a suit…that sexy man came by to give me back my phone he was the one I bumped to in the club and that was very nice of him to return it. I had wild thoughts about him when he asked me if I was okay I have already pictured us married with kids you know the life us girls dream about but my wild freaky thoughts and fairy tale ending was immediately erased by that ring I saw in his finger. I don’t look at married men and I don’t date married men. So his picture in my mind was gone. I got so bored that I thank him for my phone and left Cindy to drool over him like I said…married men do not exist in my life.

The following day I received call a for an interview which is tomorrow and I’m so excited about it. My first real interview i hope this goes well for me because I need a break.

Cindy is doubtful about this so we are going check out the company after work she asked Jabu to drive us there  since Vic has been missing in action since the skinny Jean dilemma.

“The company exists it’s legit.” She says sounding very happy and excited the minute we parked in front of it.

“So does this head bump… the interview is tomorrow Cindy and this shit is still here.” I whine making Jabu laugh.

“You do look cute nge poyoyo.” Jabu teases me and he gets a hit on his shoulders while laughing at me.

“Don’t mind him… it will be gone tomorrow.”

“I don’t think so…My life is ruined!”

“Stop being a drama queen! You are going for the interview tomorrow bump or bump. Babe let’s go home.” She says.

“Yes Mam…”

Ooh God I wish it was that simple. Cindy doesn’t know what this means to me this can be my big break…the one I’ve been praying for and to say she has been ignoring me about her leaving me is also getting to me her words was ‘let’s worry about the interview now and we will talk after it’ When I asked her what she meant.

.
.

I’m early! Even the lady at the reception is not here as yet. I’m an hour early this good on my side but I hope I don’t look desperate with this stupid head bump on my forehead.

This is a beautiful reception area. Simply decorated with its white and grey colours yet so elegant and sophisticated.

“Good morning… can I help you?.” I turn to look at who is greeting me with this sexy voice I remember this voice…Its him. I want to roll my eyes at him for being married but I don’t.

“Good morning…I’m here for my interview but I think I’m a bit early. Do you work here as well?”

When I googled this company there wasn’t any photos for the employees and the management. Their fucken website chowed my data for nothing I’m still mad about that and I feel like I need to be reimbursed for wasting my time. What does he do here he looks like those big shot supervisors or a manager. But never judge a book by its cover who knows he can be a cleaner here.

“The earliest bird catches the fattest worm so they say and I do work here as well. Have you had any coffee as yet?” 

“No thank you but I’ll pass I don’t want to be running to the loo during my interview.” I say and laugh. Shit I’m being weird right now.