Nokukhanya (Chapter 23)

Chapter 23

●Nokukhanya Ngwenya

The fact that I’m kneeling and crying my eyes out as if I have been abandoned make it so damn hard to get up and go back in. I’m sure everyone is expecting one of us to go back and explain what hell happened in there. Yet, this baby daddy of mine drove away after dragging me here, such a coward.
I make my way inside to face all these people who took their time to come here and watch a free movie, I film I tell you. Why in hell did I agree to marry him… ‘because you love him and you…’ damn my subconsciousness. This bitch has been quite all along and now she shows up.
 When I get inside everyone is going out and that woman who happens to be married to my man bumps into me on purpose.

Damn!

“Watch where you are going. Homewrecker!” Ohh Gosh.

“I’m sorry.” I say and walk away. She is looking for a fight and I don’t have time for that. I need to speak to the judge. She needs to explain to me why the hell would she take my daughter from me and give Langa full custody. What reason did she have to get to that decision?

“Langa is MINE! Do you hear that! He is mine!” She screams behind me, and I show her my middle finger then keep on moving.

She can keep her man. No one got time for time for that… well not now.

I get to the reception and ask to see that woman and I’m told she is busy on a call and that I must make an appointment for tomorrow because after her call she as another case she needs to attend. I’m sure if I wasn’t desperate, I would have given this bitch a peace of mind. Who the hell does she thinks she is telling me I need to come tomorrow? 

Nxah!

I turn around to take a seat waiting for her, I am not leaving this place till she hears me out. Sitting here makes me wonder if my parents were still alive will all of these be happening to me. I miss my nana, I know I have Sam and Patrick, however the space and longing I have for my parents and my grandmother no one can ever fill it, no one can ever replace them. I’m pretty sure I still had my parents with, I wouldn’t be here fighting for my daughter. I wouldn’t have embarrassed myself like that, asking a man to marry me, telling him in front of all those people was me basically asking for marriage …what a shame. 

I watch her smiling with whomever she is speaking to on her phone with her perfectly manicured fingers and heels so high as if she wants to touch the sky. She is beautiful, no doubt, her skin is so perfect, perfect melanin is what they call her, I must find out which skin products she is using, phela after my daughter everything changed, my boobs, skin, ass everything nje.

I can’t help but stare at her.

She is gorgeous.

“Thank you.” Dammit! I said that out loud.

“Too bad you play for the other team.” She says smiling at me, probably showing off her perfect straight teeth as well. Her teeth are so white you would swear nothing goes in her mouth. Everything about this woman is perfect… 

‘Yet she still gave him your daughter.’

I watch as her lips moves while she is standing in front of me.

If I wasn’t into men and their long and thick stick between their legs, I would be asking her out right now. 

I think she is talking to you! Stop looking like a stalker and answer the damn woman’

What did she say to me?

“Nokukhanya. Can I help you with something?”

What?