【 Shallow Nightmare 】

❝ What if I had lost you too? ❞

What if I had lost you too?

────────────────────

ㅤUpon opening her eyes after a long while, she was met with an unfamiliar white ceiling. Her body set aflame in panic and shot her back straight up to look around her surrounding.

ㅤEverything was foreign to the girl. The weird looking mechanism besides the bed where she rest, the blindingly white room, it paranoid her that she has not a single clue of where she could possibly be located at.

ㅤAbout five minutes later, a doctor came in with a shock expression clearly evident on his face. “Oh. You're up early. It only has been two days since your surgery.”

ㅤSurgery? Ah, right. She has been stabbed days prior. If she didn't let her guard down she wouldn't have suffer such an unnecessary injury like this.

ㅤSeeing (Y/n)'s expression of dismay. The doctor tries to reassure her. “Don't fret over it too much. Beside the stitches there isn't anything else to worry about.”

ㅤ“Although...” The doctor trails off. “It might leave a permanent scar there... If you're feeling uncomfortable anywhere please quickly call someone.”

ㅤHer face drain of colors. (Y/n) had tried her best in this life not to scar her body in case if one day the original owner of the body would ever come back. She wants the girl to live a normal life with a healthy body if she ever to disappear.

ㅤShe really is a good for nothing kid.

ㅤThe doctor starts to feel sorry for her when he realizes his words only made the situation worse. “I'll contact your parents to let you know that you're awake now.” He changes the topic and excuse himself out of the room to make the phone call. Leaving the girl alone once again in her dark thoughts.

ㅤTo be completely honest with herself, she couldn't care less if she had died. Her parents hard earn money could stop being spent on her. Her friends could enjoy hanging out with one another without her being so possessive of them. Everyone's lives would be so much easier without her existing among them.

ㅤIn the end. No matter which life is it. She could never get along with anyone.

────────────────────

ㅤEven (Y/n) became startled when her parents rushed in with tears running down their faces. Isn't today suppose to be a weekday? Both of her parents should be busy with work at this hour so why are they here?

ㅤ(Y/n) doesn't get it. Why are they crying over a minor injury? The doctor said even though it was a surgery. There won't be any aftereffects and only thing that would hinder her life would be the snitches for some months until it heals. It doesn't even hurt. Hell, Takemichi's face and hands seems way worse than her by miles, what happened to him?