【 Last Lament 】

❝ Relax

Relax. I'm here.

────────────────────

ㅤToday was like any other day. That was a lie she wants to believe in. Truly, another boring same old day would be much preferable than this.

ㅤ“On to another news. Two young teens have broken into a local bike shop at approximately eight p.m. on August 13th. A man has been struck on the head with a blunt object resulting in instant death, Sano Shinichiro, aged twenty-three has unfortunately passed away from this incident-”

ㅤHer entire family fell into silence. Of course, her parents have recognized the deceased mentioned and as well as one of her friends who committed the crime. They exchange glances with one another to confirm whether or not they misheard the names, judging by all their looks it seems this is the reality that they live in.

ㅤHer parents made no effort to stop the girl from walking into her room and locking herself in. They didn't know those people than her and any word of comfort would fall on deaf ears anyhow seeing her expression. It was the same look like the day she had completely change. No one's word would reach her.

ㅤAll they can do is hope that their daughter would be alright with the sudden tragic news.

ㅤ(Y/n) wasn't taking it well after locking herself in. Because she had let her guard down on this peaceful world, she became hurt again. Why had she started to care for others yet again? Was once not enough? Is this repentance for everyone she had murdered in her past life? She doesn't know. She doesn't care too in fact.

ㅤShe sings the same old song she remembers full well. Her late mother always sang it so warmly always wishing to sing it to others on stage, yet that dream fell apart only a day or two before it could reach others. Now the girl here is the only proof of that song's existence.

ㅤThe sadness in her heart eventually became dull after repeating the same lyrics over and over again. She felt nothing like she used to. (Y/n) lay down in her bed and force herself asleep to get rid of all negative and positive thoughts. They would only hurt her more in this situation.

ㅤIn her world, no one should exist.

ㅤShe hasn't shed a tear since forever now. As sad as it is, she felt as if she lost the capability to after she had become accustomed to ending the lives of others. (Y/n) do feel heartbroken by the news, truly she does. No matter how she tries she can't squeeze any tears out. Was she even human anymore?

ㅤ(Y/n) covers her face with a blanket and forces herself to sleep it away like she always does. She really hates the fact that it works this time as well as it always did in the past.

────────────────────

ㅤIt been three days since then. The shock wore off on her and when she came back to school Nahoya and Souya had been worried about her disappearance. Apparently, her father told the school she had an illness to cover for her which she was quite grateful for.