Epi. 11 - Accident

It's been five months since Jayesh and Hasini got married. It was Friday evening Hasini came to her parent's home.

"So today you got time to visit us." Bhuvana asked, hugging Hasini.

"Mom, you're so mean to me." Hasini said with a pout.

"Ok tell me where's dad?" She asked.

"He went to the passport office." Bhuvana said.

"Next month you're leaving right?" Hasini asked.

Bhuvana nodded her head.

"Take care of yourself Hasini. Just one call, I'll come to India ok." Bhuvana said lovingly. Hasini smiled and nodded her head.

"How is she and the baby?" Hasini asked.

"They're good." Bhuvana replied.

Hasini's cousin is carrying and she is in her second trimester. As her own mother could not travel because of her father who is bedridden. Bhuvana and Dinesh are going to Dubai to take care of her.

"Is she still angry with me?" Hasini asked and sat at the kitchen counter while munching the grapes.

"Of Course you refused to marry her brother." Bhuvana said and continued her work.

"Mom, he looks like an Orangutan. He used to flirt openly with all the girls." Hasini said.

She made a disgusting face thinking about him. Bhuvana laughed at Hasini's reaction.

"Even if you wished to marry him I wouldn't have allowed it." Bhuvana said while handing coffee to Hasini.

"He won't meet your standards, sweety. Jayesh is your perfect match." Bhuvana said with a wink.

Hasini smiled shyly.

"Aww.. my daughter is getting shy." Bhuvana teased.

"Stop it mom." Hasini said and tried to move from there.

Bhuvana laughed and said in a sincere tone "I'm very much happy to see you like this." 

Hasini rolled her eyes. Suddenly Hasini's phone started to ring.

"Who is calling you? Why are your lips curved into a smile?" Bhuvana asked teasingly.

"Pchh.. mom." Hasini whined and attended the call.

"Hey Jayesh." She said.

"Hello, " Someone spoke.

"Who is this?" Hasini asked when she heard a different voice.

"Mam your husband is hit by a truck and we're taking him to the APL hospital. Can you please come fast." That person said.

Hasini's started to palpitate.

"I'll come." She said.

Past memories flashed in her mind.

"What happened?" Bhuvana asked, seeing the changes in Hasini.

"Jay.." Hasini couldn't form words.

"Jay?" Bhuvana asked in shock.

"Jayesh." Hasini said while breathing heavily.

"Mom. He is.. he met with an accident. I want to see him." Hasini said and moved to her scooter.

To her fate the scooter didn't start even after kicking so many times.

"I will book the cab." Bhuvana searched for the cab.

"Mom.. car keys." Hasini asked.

"But Hasini." Bhuvana hesitated.