Where Are We Right Now?

Eve and Villanelle sit on a terrace over looking a beach. Eve, still finding it hard to conceive her new fate, cannot help but wonder what beach this actually was.

Villanelle can sense Eve's restlessness. She decides to ignore it. Although she knows Eve wants answers, she'd rather just forget the life they had and embrace their new life.

"Eve." Villanelle sits forward, unable to bare her restlessness any longer. Eve shifts in her seat. "I'm ready to talk about...everything." Villanelle stands and puts her hand out for Eve to grab. They both head inside.

———

RUSSIA

Carolyn sits in a lobby. A man approaches her. "Ms. Martens?" The man says in a astonishingly deep voice. "Yes." Carolyn stands. "They'll see you now." The man turns to escort her. "Very well, thank you."

Given her connection to the twelve, Carolyn has had her share of ambiguous meetings and obscure happenstances. In the present moment she finds herself trying to please two side of a scale in which she reaps no benefit. The good guys and the bad guys.

The truth is, Carolyn plays all sides. Whatever side she feels serves a better purpose she leans to. She helps good people and bad people. In fact, she might be the scale itself.

She suspects the note she received in London was from Villanelle. She helped Villanelle kill the twelve, or the eleven one could say, because Carolyn was not present.

Her plan was to come up with a new wave of chairs as well as a new agenda. Following Konstantinos death, she feels the need to revamp the overall purpose of the twelve. As well as who the twelve consist of.

Carolyn and the man finally come to a heavy metal door in a cellar 4 floors below the main level. "Here we are ma'am." The man heads back the way they came.

Carolyn knocks on the door three times. The door opens instantly.

———

    "So yeah. That's basically it." Eve stares Villanelle in the face. She seems confused and concerned. Villanelle stands. "Do you want some tea?" Eve shakes her head. Villanelle sits back down.

    "So Carolyn, who essentially created the twelve, helped you kill the twelve?" Villanelle nods. Eve squints. "So, with her being the twelve and all, is she dead?"

Villanelle grabs both of Eves hands. "Carolyn is alive. She helped me kill the remainder of the twelve. The past six months were a precaution so that I could ensure that we'd never be found. That's it."

Villanelle can tell Eve wants more information. It's almost like she'll die if she doesn't know everything that happened and why. Eve stands and starts to pace. "Eve." Eve stops in place. "Where are we right now?" Villanelle looks down at her hands.

"Villanelle!" Villanelle shoots her head up. "I cannot tell you, Eve," A bewildered look spreads across Eve's face. "Not until I know you're ready. Not until your anxiety about everything settles. I cannot have you do something crazy and ruin everything."

Eve takes her seat on the couch, as if to surrender any effort she'd had to know more. Villanelle takes her seat next to her. "The minute I know it's safe, I will tell you where we are. I promise."