Total Package

Eve stands from her chair at Rubios request. Two large men come in. Different ones from the ones before. Eve, although very confused, has learned to go along with the flow in recent months. Mostly because she has no other choice.

Eve sighs as they throw another bag over her head. "Just protocol, Mrs. Polastri." Rubio says in reassurance.

———

Rubio escorts the men, and Eve, to the roof top of the building. The loud sound of helicopter propellers fill the air. Rubio turns to eve.

    "Mrs. Polastri," Rubio yells over the sound of the helicopter. "We are about get on a helicopter. Do not be alarmed by the swaying motions. You must sit still. We've got a long ride ahead of us."

The two men put Eve on the helicopter before getting on. Rubio squeezes in after. The helicopter soon lifts and is off.

———

    SOME PLACE NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT

Eve sits at a dining room table, a bag still covering her head. Her hands clasped in patience. This is a sick game. Eve finds herself becoming agitated.

Eve, despite the brave demeanor she's been putting on for every handler she comes in contact with, can feel herself about to reach a breaking point.

Given that she's had no time to grieve, nor any time to really rest, what more could she really possibly take. She hears footsteps approaching. Another handler. She thought to herself.

Quickly realizing that her hands had not been restrained, and that she'd had enough of that stupid bag on her head, she decides to remove the bag herself.

Eve draws a gasp. There. In front of her. Villanelle? At this point Eve is afraid she's finally cracked, but she hasn't. It really was Villanelle. Her hair was in a tight bun. Common. Fitting. She wore a white jumper. Cashmere. Expensive taste. Villanelles's taste.

"Hi, Eve." Villanelle says, in the way only she could. Her tone somehow both menacing and endearing simultaneously. Like she's up to something that could either be bad or good. A subtle smile spreads across her face.

Villanelle's hands lay flat on the table. She was so still. There was an unearthly glow about her, which made Eve question her sanity even more.

Eve exhales deeply, unaware she'd been holding her breath. The two do nothing for what seems like an eternity. They just gaze upon one another longingly and contently. Like they could die right there, and that would be okay.

    "Eve, don't just sit there. Say something," Villanelle says through a smirk. "I've flown you all the way out here. At least a thank you is in order." Villanelle goes on in her sarcastic nature.

Eve let's out a laugh. A laugh that she'd been unable to find within herself until now. Until Villanelle. Eve drops her head into her hands.

A quiet sob escapes Eve. Villanelle stands and takes a seat next to her. "Don't cry. I'm here now. I'm safe." Eve let's out a heavier sob.

Villanelle turns eve to her so she can put her arms around her fully. "You could cry all day and we still would have forever to go, Eve."

———

Eve sits on the couch, admiring the architecture of the house. She looks around trying to comprehend the fact that she's even there. But where was she?

Knowing that Villanelle was alive, somehow still was not enough to shake her of the anxiety the last six months has brought her. Her anxiety, unfortunately, seemed to be worse. Now more than ever.

    "Eve. Dinner." Villanelle says from the kitchen. Eve enters the kitchen and sits at an island in the center. Villanelle places a plate in front her.

    "Shepherds Pie. I hope you like it. I've been trying to perfect it for weeks." Eve smiles. "It looks great, Villanelle.

Eve prepares to take a bite, blowing the steam away. She couldn't help but think about how strange she felt. She didn't have an appetite. Villanelle can tell something is off, but just suspects Eve needs time to settle in.

    "When are we gonna talk about everything?" Eve says placing her fork down. Villanelle goes to make herself a plate. She avoids the question. "We have to talk about it, Villanelle."

    "Eve. You need rest first. Try my Shepherd's pie." Eve stares at Villanelle until she makes her way to the seat across from her with her plate.

Villanelle eats, not waiting for Eve. Eve goes in for a bite. "Mm." Eve is taken aback by how good the food is.

"I know right. Who knew? I'm an amazing cook. Total package." Eve laughs. Villanelle laughs shyly, despite having made such a cocky remark.