1.

________________________________

Finally, it was summer. And it was the very first day of summer break. That meant I have a ton of packing to do. Every summer my mom, brother, and I all go to my mom's bestfriends house. It's what I look forward to all year. Most of my happiest memories come from spending the summer with the Fisher's, especially Jeremiah. I've always sorta hand a thing for him. I probably wasn't his type though, just a good friend.

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention I've had a huge glow up since last summer. People say I look like a completely new person.

I sighed as I threw a bunch of random tank tops in my suitcase. "Um no no no no no" my bestfriend Taylor complained as she sat down beside me on my bedroom floor. "Absolutely not y/n, things have to be neat. Besides you always wear tank tops. And that's whyyyy I bought you a few new outfits." She turned around and grabbed a bag off my bed, I noticed that she brought it in but I didn't think much of it.

We finished packing, we were just enjoying the time we had left together. I'm leaving in the morning. I'm super excited to see the boys of course but I'm gonna miss my bestfriend. At least she'll be visiting for my birthday!

Taylor and I were in the kitchen preparing snacks for our movie night. "Oh he's definitely into you, you just can't tell" Taylor said while biting into a strawberry. I giggled "I wish but your completely wrong" I replied rolling my eyes. "Sureee, I know how he talks about you and girl the way he looks at y-". Taylor got cut off from my phone ringing. I playfully glared at her as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. "Who is it?" She asked being her usual nosy self. "Jeremiah" I said slowly looking up at her. "You guys are meant to be" she said. I shushed her as I answered the video call.

I had my phone laid on a bowl of kiwi while on the phone with the boy who had my heart, of course he was unaware of it. I laughed at something he had said when Conrad came into view. "Hey Connie" I said with a wave, Taylor waved too. "Hey y/n" he said with a small smile. Usually he would act more excited, he was always excited when he's talking to me. He's probably just tired. Taylor and I have each other weird looks. "He's just tired Tay" I whispered. "Sure" she whispered back.

"Well girls, it was lovely to talk to you but mom's getting us up early in the morning to set up for my girl's arrival" Jeremiah said with a wink. I blushed, of course I hid it with my hands. "Bye Jer!" I waved once again. "Bye love you" he said back. "Love you too!" I smiled a genuine smile. Once I pushed the "end call" button both Taylor and I squealed and jumped around like little kids. He really doesn't know the effect he has on me.

"Jeez are you guys having heart attacks?" Steven asked grumpily as he walked in the kitchen. "No Steven we were having fun, must suck not knowing how to enjoy your life huh?" I asked with a glare. "Dude your acting like Jeremiah kissed you" he said while looking at me with a smirk. "Pfft I don't even like him" I said leaning on the counter. By the look on Steve's face he didn't believe me one bit. "Come on little sis everyone knows about your crush on him" he said as he ruffled my hair. I just rolled my eyes. He started to walk out of the kitchen "oh Taylor I like your shirt". He walked out. She started blushing, "ew Taylor gross" I groaned.

We finished the movie, Taylor and I were cuddled up on my bed about to go to bed when my phone buzzed. I picked it up from my nightstand and looked at the notification. "Jeremiah?" Taylor asked. "Mhm" I replied as I opened the message.

Jer Bear 🤍
sweet dreams 👍🏼

y/n
your so old who uses thumbs ups
anymore jer! sleep well sleep
and beauty

Jer Bear 🤍
your the beauty part

I smiled as I read the last message. He just said that cause I'm like a sister to him. "Get off your phone if you wanna look pretty for Jeremiah tomorrow" Taylor said hiring me in the head with a pillow. "Alright give me a second". I was just about to turn off my phone when I heard another notification. "Jeez are you famous or something" Taylor sighed.

Conrad! 🌊
hey

y/n
hey Conrad! I'm about to
go to bed. see you tomorrow!

Conrad! 🌊
oh cool. see ya

I turned off my phone and let out a yawn. Taylor is already asleep no surprise. I can't wait to see the boys! I've missed them so much. Taylor was right though, I need a good sleep if I want to power through tomorrow.

"Wake upppp!" I heard Taylor yell as she shook me awake. I groaned as I sat up. "Leave me alone I want to go back to bed". I went to go lay back down when someone barraged through my door. Of course it was Steven. "Hey Loser mom told me to make sure you were awake, we're leaving in like an hour" he said as he picked up my suitcases from my bedroom floor. "Get out of my room Steven" I tiredly said. "What does it look like I'm doing" he said as he walked out of my room. "He could have stayed a little bit longer" Taylor pouted. "Ew gross stop" I said as she dragged me out of bed. "Just saying"

Mom and Steven were in the car leaving Taylor and I outside. This was my time to say goodbye, at least for now. "I'm gonna miss you" I choked into Taylor's shirt. "I'll miss you so much more but we will FaceTime every night." She said as she squeezed me one last time. "Of course" I said walking closer to the car. "And also, kiss him will ya!" she shouted for the whole neighborhood to hear. "I doubt it" I said as I hopped into my car. This was gonna be a long trip.