Chapter 4

Chapter

(Brynn's POV)
I was making lunch for mom and dad like I do everyday. They were going to be home soon so I had to finish making the food or I would be punished. I hear the car pulling into the driveway and I rush to get everything on the table but they walked in right before I put the plates on the table.

"Well looks like we didn't have lunch on the table when we were supposed to."

"I'm sorry I was just about to put it ... o..n the table" I stumbled on my words because I knew they were going to hurt me.

"I don't care if you were about to put the fucking plates on the table. They weren't on the table when we walked in which means you were late and you know what happens now?"

"I will be punished"

"correct. now go to your room I will be there soon." I ran down the stairs and cried into my pillow. A few minutes later he came down.

"stand up" I did as I was told.

"Take off your shirt and turn around" Once I did what he wanted he took his cane and started whipping me in the back. He struck me 10 times and I started to feel the blood trickle down my back.

Present (Brynn POV)

I woke up sweating and when I looked at the time it was only 3:30am. I hate my nightmares I wish they would go away. I got up changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt and went to my dance studio. One thing that I always did to express my emotions and get out of my head was dance.

I put in my AirPods my parents bought me and played "all time low" and started to dance my heart out. After about 6 songs I decided to try and get more sleep. Unfortunately I only got an extra hour before I woke up again. I got out of bed and took more pain killers because my ribs and back were in excruciating pain.

When I woke up I went downstairs to see my brothers and parents at the table.

"Good Morning Butterfly" my mother said and came over to give me a hug and kiss on the head. I could get used to this.

My mom put the plate in front of me and it was full of food way more than I knew I could eat. I ate about a 1/4 before I was full.

"May I be excused?"

"Bambina you have barely had anything." my father said

"I am full. I usually don't eat this much"

"Liar. Why don't you just eat the food and stop being a brat!" Alex said

That caused me to shrink in my seat. I wasn't lying and I wasn't trying to be brat. I usually was given one meal a day if I was lucky.

"I'm so...rry. I'm ju..st not used to ea..ting ths much" I was nervous

"Alex stop being rude to your sister l. Bambina if you are truly full you can be excused" I nodded my head and went up to my room to get ready for the day.

Once I got up to my room and picked out an outfit that will cover the bruises. I looked at my body and save black and blues everywhere. I also saw the words bitch, slut, and tramp carved into my skin. I started to cry I just wish I had a normal life and wasn't so damaged.

Brynn's outfit

Once I got dressed I went downstairs and my mom was in the living room watching TV

Once I got dressed I went downstairs and my mom was in the living room watching TV. I went to go sit on the couch with her and she opened her arms and I went right to them. We watched a movie called "Beauty and the Beast" and I loved it. My mom and I just spent the day together since my brothers were at school and my father was working.

"mom?"
"Yes butterfly?"
"When am I going to school?"
"You will start on Monday so in four days"
"Okay"

I was nervous about going to a new school. I never really made friends at my old school since people thought I was a freak since I never talked but I was always scared about what they would think about my "parents" beating me.

3 hours later (Brynn POV)
My mom and I continued watching movies until we heard my dad and brother come home. They walked into the living and they all looks pissed. I'm not going to lie I was a scared because they all had the same look Clark had when he was ready to hurt me. My father went and gave my mom a kiss and my brothers all gave her a hug. Thankfully they realize I am still not ready to be touched by them. After they all gave her a hug my father looked at my mother and she nodded. I was confused what was going on then all of a sudden my mother says she will be right back. All my brothers and my parents went to my fathers office and closed the door leaving me in the living room.

(Andrea POV)
"We have a problem"
"What happened?"
"The people that kidnapped Brynn are still alive and are working for the Russians. They want to get Brynn again."
"What do they want with my baby" Elle looked heartbroken. She taught her bambina was safe now but she was in danger.
"I don't know that's what we have been trying to find out. From what we gathered they want to force her into a marriage with Viktors son Ivan to try and become the top mafia family."
"No Andrea we have to do everything in our power to protect her"
"We will we have increased security and are training more people"
Elle nodded and walked about of the room.
"Listen we have to protect your little sister"
They all nodded except Alex who still looked annoyed
"Okay you are all dismissed"

(Alex POV)
After father dismissed us I went back to my room. I don't understand why I have to protect that brat. I don't remember much of Brynn from my childhood but my parents were always miserable after she was taken. They did there best to hide it and still have us a pretty good childhood. Once Brynn was taken I became the youngest and was the center of attention then she came back and now it's like I don't exist anymore. Can't she just go back.

(Brynn POV)
Once they all left I went back up my room. It was time for more pain killers. I got changed into sweatpants because I wanted to lay down. I got into bed and tried to take a nap but my ribs were hurting more than they ever have. It was starting to hurt to breathe. I tried to fix my breathing but nothing was working. I started seeing stars and soon everything went black.