-twenty four-

At first I didn't think twice about boarding a boat to London or Liverpool to lie low, but I decided against it. Because if tommy stayed and I left, that would make me the one that ran.
Every copper in Birmingham would be looking for me and tommy, so I couldn't go home. I decided to go to a pub on the other side of Birmingham and wait it out.

I had got to the Clifton to find it full of drunk men who sneered as I walked in.

"Everyone out" I said calmly looking around.

"Excuse me lovely?" A drunk man slurred at the corner of the pub.

"Do you have a telephone" I asked the bartender, ignoring the man.

"Oi, I'm speaking to you" the same man said with more hostility.

I pulled out my gun and pointed it at him.

"Can't you see I'm trying to speak" I said annoyed.

The man was silent but I felt a presence behind me, and the same man looked over my shoulder at something.
I flipped my gun in my hands so the handle was pointing behind me and swung my arm around to strike the man trying to creep up on me in the face. Then I kneed him between his legs so he was kneeling in front of me. I pulled him up to face me and pulled my blade out my shoe. I put it in his mouth and cut into his cheek.

"Why is it..." I said madly.
"That I walk into a bar and don't get a quarter of the fucking respect tommy shelby does!"I complained.
"If I walk into another pub, and anyone's eyes skip over me, even just for a second, I'll blow the pub up, with him in it" I promised myself.
I threw the man on the floor at my feet and watched as everyone started to scatter out of the pub.
"Now, do you have a telephone?" I asked the bartender calmly