I grabbed my purse and looked at my phone. I stopped short of the bedroom door. Someone had changed the background. There wasn't the family picture I started to hate. Instead in it's place was a picture of Bellamy holding Dylan, her head laying against his shoulder just like moments before. I was off to the side, watching them with a smile. Octavia must have snapped it when I wasn't looking last night. She had found her way back here after her date with Lincoln and the rest of our friends.

Apparently they were all begging her to see me. I wanted to see them all again, but I had to be ready. They hadn't met Dylan, I wasn't sure if I wanted to overwhelm her with all their personalities yet. Although she could hold her own, I knew she would be able to make them all laugh easily.

They would love her, everyone always did.

I would cross that bridge once I got through today, seeing my parents again. I knew my mom would bring up med school. She would mention how I threw it all away for a guy who hit me. I would just nod and try to ignore the judgmental tone she used. I missed her, but I didn't miss her resentment about school. She never understood why I didn't want to use my talents, as she called them.

Dylan would be leverage. I could get her to lay off of me by using my daughter. She was a sucker for that little face.

Bellamy and Dylan were waiting for me by the door as I threw my phone into my bag and followed them out to his car. He opened the door for me, making me smile. He put Dylan in her carseat and strapped it, as I turned the radio to the old country station. I took in a breath and felt him grab my hand as he sat behind the wheel.

"You can do this," he said nodding his head, "you aren't alone in this anymore."

I squeezed his hand and was more than grateful to have him there with me. I felt even worse about the last two years of silence I had left him with. We drove to the house listening to music, laughing at Dylan who tried to sing along. She would mumble and every once in a while she would get the right word and scream it out loud.

When we pulled into the driveway of my childhood home, I felt even bigger butterflies in my stomach. I had missed this place, more than I thought I would. I had missed my mom, that was a surprise as well. She might have been a hard mother to live with, but she loved me unconditionally. She didn't wish this life on me. I ran my hand down my knees and then looked over at Bellamy.

"Ready?" his hand was still holding mine.

I nodded, "ready as I'll ever be," I whispered unbuckling myself and then climbing out of the car. I opened the back door and unbuckled Dylan. She jumped out of the car and I took her little hand in mine. She smiled as we walked up the long driveway towards the front door. It had been a long time since I had been back here. All the memories of growing up came rushing back. Running through the front yard with Bellamy, laughing as we snuck out to go to the parties my mom hated.

There were so many moments we had together. Every single story I could tell featured Bellamy in the supporting role.

I glanced over at him and he gave me a smile, lacing his fingers through mine. I cleared my throat and then pressed in the doorbell. We listened as it chimed, waiting for someone to come greet us.

The heavy door swung open and my mom gasped, "oh my god," she smiled at me, her arms wrapping around me tightly, "Clarke, look at you."

"Hi mom," I smiled as she squeezed me tighter. Dylan was holding onto my hand, she was nervous as my mom pulled away. She looked down at her granddaughter, "this is Dylan. Dylan this is your grandmother. This is my mom."

She grabbed my arm and pulled herself behind my legs. My mom knelt down, "Dylan Eliza James, you come give your grandmother a hug."

Her little blue eyes looked up at me and I nodded my head. I smiled as she looked over at Bellamy, who gave her another nod of encouragement, "she's a little shy right now," I looked at my mom as she slowly came out of her shell, "we had a long trip here."