Chapter 27

Loki's pov

We're walking down another hallway with our weapons out "He who remains." I scoffed.

Sylive snickered "Not for much longer."

We walk down stairs now seeing more statues and more black marble, and stained-glass, illuminating some light.

I wipe my finger down one of the statues, and a lot of dust is left on my fingers. "Are we sure he's even alive?" I ask, then we hear an elevator. Getting our weapons out and ready, the doors open, we see a man sitting down on a couch.

He stands up and raises his hands up "This is wild." He laughs "The two of you. Same person. I mean, it's a little unnatural. But... Wow! Wild." He says, taking a bite of his apple.

"He Who Remains." Sylive breathed.

"He Who Remains." He repeats "She still calls me that? Creepy, right? But.. I like it." He says, his words muffled a little by the apple still in his mouth. "Come on. Come on, let's talk in my office."

We get inside the elevator, weapons still out, just in case.

"Not what you were expecting, hm?" He asks, still his words are muffled a little by the apple he's eating.

"You're just.... a man." I said.

"Mhm, flesh and blood." He scratch's his nose "Don't tell me I'm a disappointment."

"No." Sylive shakes her head "Just a little bit easier to kill." She swings her knife at him, and he teleports right on the couch, laughing as she grunts, amused.

He teleports now behind her, as I turn around and point to behind her. She swings again behind her, before he teleports once again.

I look around the room, not finding him anywhere, not even the ceiling.

I hear the elevator ding, meaning we're wherever he brought us to.

The doors open revealing the man, with his apple still in his hand, smiling at us. "Come on in." He gestures his hand, turning around and making us some tea.

I and Sylive look at each other, before walking slowly in his office, weapons still in hand.

"Please, take a seat." He says, while putting sugar in our tea counting to himself "One..." he puts a sugar in "Two..." he puts another in.

"Uh.. Loki." He looks up to me, placing the cup down on a little table next to a seat. "Loki." He says, looking at Sylive, then putting it down on another little table next to another chair. "Two sugars." He says, pouring a cup for himself.

We walk over to our seats weapons in hand still, checking the seats first, then sitting down, as he sits down on his chair.

Y/n's pov

Mobius knocked on Ravonna's office door. "I said I wasn't to be disturbed." She says through the door, and we totally ignore her opening the door anyway if she liked it or not.

"Well, then your not going to be happy to see us." Mobius said, and I snickered.

She stops what she's doing, files in her hand "He's back." Mobius said, pruner in his hand.

She puts her files down turning around to us "If anyone was ever gonna make it back from The Void, I suppose it was gonna be you two."

"Oh well, you know, one persons Void is another person piece of cake." He says, shrugging, then bringing his pruner to his shoulder.

I love cake! I want cake now.

"So, you're gonna prune me?" Ravonna sighed.

"I like that idea." I and Mobius said in union.