Vacation For A Day

Start from the beginning

I was really glad that we were hanging out today. Since our whole group had formed, we hadn't really spent a lot of time together just the two of us and I really cherished our Cole and Nat time. He really was one of my best friends. He always knew how to make me feel better, which was exactly what he was doing now.

"Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me! Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me! Don't cha!" He sang in his best seductive female voice along to the radio. He was belting out the lyrics with the windows down.

I was cracking up as he slowed in front of a red light and sexually ran a hand through his hair. A car pulled up next to us and a group of teenage girls stared over at us with unamused expressions on their faces.

Cole put his hand to his ear like a phone and mouthed call me at them before pulling forward when the light turned. I laughed loudly.

"Those girls were totally eye-raping me." He said.

"Oh yeah, Cole, they totally wanted you." I agreed.

He nodded and turned down a different street.

My phone started ringing in my lap and I picked it up.

"That better be the queen of England calling!" Cole said.

I shook my head. "It's Andrew."

Cole scoffed. "Who does he think he is? This is best friend time he's interrupting."

I smiled. "Well, I didn't exactly tell him about leaving."

Cole gave me a look of surprise and amusement as I answered my phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Natalia," Andrew breathed.

"Hey." I said.

"Where the hell are you? I started freaking out when you didn't come home over an hour after school ended."

I winced. I knew I should have called him, I was just eager to get out and I didn't think about it.

"Sorry, I forgot." I said quietly.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"On vacation." I smiled and Cole grinned back at me.

"What does that mean? Did something happen?" He asked with a worried tone in his voice.

I thought back to earlier that day. It had been so embarrassing picking up all of those condoms. Cole helping me pick them up didn't look much better. We had cleared them out of my locker and into a trash can near by. Everyone who had stayed after school seemed to enjoy the show.

"Nothing important." I said.

"Something happened." He stated.

"It doesn't matter." I said with a sigh. "Cole and I are hanging out today. I'll text you when I get home."

He was silent for a minute before responding.

"Alright."

"Bye, Andrew." I said.

"Bye, Tally." He said.

I hung up the phone and dropped it onto my lap.

"All clear?" Cole asked with a smirk.

I smiled and nodded. "All clear."

About fifteen minutes later we were pulling into a parking space outside of the laser tag zone. We got out and made our way over to the building. After paying the entry fee we walked inside. The inside atmosphere excited me as I looked around.