Chapter 6: House of Recovery

A happy hum flew out of Akko's lips as she danced around the room while also cleaning her pet bunny's cage, the little creature in turn happily hopping along with her owner as they both avoided hurting each other by accident. Though that was only really a concern for the former as the latter had no care in the world despite its small size. As Akko did the finishing touches she closed the cage back up again, looking even better than it did on day one. And that's not even mentioning the modifications Akko added throughout the days.

"Oh isn't it wonderful Kiki?" She asked as she picked up the bunny, looking straight into its eyes before turning towards the cage. "I know you prefer hopping anywhere but in there but surely you can appreciate my art much more, right?" Akko boasted, vainly acting like she already knew the answer while Kiki was already trying to escape her grasp and come back to the ground.

"You've certainly turned it into something great," Akko turned as you entered the room, a small smile on your face. "though Kiki doesn't seem to think so as much." You petted the bunny just as it was about to jump on the bed much to Akko's detriment.

A small frown formed on Akko's face. "Seriously? Ugh I think we are spoiling her too much..." A chuckle left you as she put the bunny back in the cage, the two looking like they were in a glaring contest for a moment.

"Don't you mean you're spoiling her too much, I'm just doing the basics while you are acting like you're her parent or something. I mean you are kind of similar in some aspects." Your eyes would draw towards Akko's ears.

Akko pouted. "Oh please, we couldn't be farther apart. For one she is extremely bratty! Second...uh..."

"Sure." You said with a knowing smile, barring your comment that Akko's one reason only made the two more similar. "Regardless, it sure looks like that sickness of yours is receding fast."

That seemed to have quickly made Akko drop her sour mood. "Yup! For a moment I was terrified I was going to be stuck in that bed for months but it only took half a month or so for me to be able to go around the whole house again."

"Just the house though, don't want you covering my pumpkins in your puke again."

"Anyways," Akko heavily emphasized. "with my recovery going decent enough I decided what better way to celebrate than with a little surprise coming from my labor."

You raised an eyebrow. "Your labor? This should be good." And you meant that, your eyes would travel towards the bed that once laid in the guest room. Moved to here so Akko would still sleep somewhat decently and you wouldn't get sick or covered in whatever stuff she was throwing out now.

A bed that was primarily moved by her, somehow Akko's stubbornness made her...quite strong. And that was pretty...respectable.

"Oh it sure is, come on I'll show you!" Akko almost pushed you out of the room with how excited she was, almost making you fall a few times.

"Geez Akko slow down, shouldn't we first have dinner before you show me whatever you have in store?" You would gaze at the clock on the wall for a moment when your eyes widened.

"But that is the-" Akko stopped herself as you suddenly let out a groan, collapsing on the floor. "W-What's wrong? You aren't having a heart attack or something right? Did I really push you that hard?!"

Slowly you stood on your knees while Akko continued to look at you full of worry, more than you would've expected out of her...

You shook your head. "It's...ugh, fine." You felt some parts of your body pop. "Just my body whining from all the work I did lately. It does that sometimes with how busy my schedule is, should be over in a few minutes...or half an hour, or a full hour depending on how bad my body is feeling."