Chapter 4: Cake Solves All

A delighted yawn left Akko as she woke up, rubbing her face against what she presumed to be a notably hard pillow before raising her upper body. Making sure to stretch her arms out.

"Man I slept great last night!" She began to turn to you. "I'll give you credit where credit's due, you didn't do as bad as I expected you to be-"

Akko stood still as she noticed how close she was laying to you,

like bodies touching close.

Taking a deep breath Akko decided to do the most logical course of action against this predicament.

Screaming.

You shot up from the bed right out of your sleep, quickly seeing who was the source of the high-pitched shrieking. "A-Akko? What's wrong?"

Stopping her screaming Akko immediately began to glare at you. "I'll tell you what's wrong!" She proceeded to point down, motioning towards how close you two were.

Visibly calming down your eyes began to narrow. "...And? Did you not agree we would sleep in the same bed?"

"Not this close! I bet you moved around a lot when my lights were out huh?" She accused, turning to leave the bed.

You rolled your eyes. "Oh please, I was too busy struggling to get some shut-eye with your obnoxious snoring, and that's not even mentioning that obnoxiously big-"

A squeak that sounded like it came from a toy brought both of your attention to the ground of Akko's side of the bed, where a fallen Comrade Carrot rested.

A gasp left Akko. "Yeah right!" She snapped at you before quickly picking up the plushie, caressing it with worry in her eyes like you shot it in front of her and it's on the verge of death. Speaking his last words of love before going to the afterlife with that permanent smile. "Is this what I get for not constantly being on guard around you?"

Stepping out of the bed you started to garner a glare of your own. "Are you always this paranoid, how many times do I have to tell you I did nothing?"

"Maybe I wouldn't have to be so if I could trust you." Akko snapped.

"Trust? Says the one who's been stealing from me!" You shot back, as Akko was about to say something back you continued. "Do you want me to be paranoid too? Then how about you explain these?"

Your frazzled pajama shirt had your shoulder exposed, and simply putting it to attention made it all too easy for Akko to see the marks of nibbles and small bites. Ones that looked awfully similar to Akko's teeth as she became pale.

"I-I, uh..."

"Uhhh...no, you have nothing." You said. "Keep this attitude up and I won't let this slip through my fingers."

Akko looked like she wanted to argue back, only to stop herself before puffing her cheeks up. "Fine!" She started to march out of the bedroom. "And I lied about sleeping well, I might as well stay in the guest room!" She ended before slamming the door shut.

Your glare fell. "Sleeping well?"

Now that you thought about it you slept pretty good too...

Enough to somehow miss your usual waking hour?

You huffed, trying to cast the thought away. The only thing you had was the schedule thrown into the mud, once again all thanks to Akko.