Zeke and Sydney: Lovers or Friends Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

There was a pause. It was a very lengthy pause.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I don't recognize the name. I'm Paul. I own a bar downtown. Did we meet last night?"

Alana became pale in the face. "Do you know Christopher?" she asked in a panic.

"No. You must have the wrong number."

"No this is the right number. I made sure that it was. Are you sure this isn't Christopher?"

"Positive. Have a good day."

"Wait!"

Sydney took the phone and ended the call. It was obvious that whoever Alana met last night gave her the wrong number. The address she had was probably fake as well.

"I'm sorry, Lana."

Alana wiped her eyes and stood abruptly from her chair. "I need to use the restroom, excuse me."

Sydney and Sierra watched her leave.

"Well, that shit was awkward."

Sydney agreed with her sister. Alana had a history of having unhealthy attachments to men.

"Let's pay the check and take her home."

They stood to leave and gathered their belongings.

"How was your night?" Sierra asked as they searched for their waiter in the restaurant.

"Davis and I broke up."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Sydney sighed. "Nope. It was just time for it to end."

Zeke was in the process of reviewing a new case file when his cell phone started to ring. It was Sunday, but he was in the office working.

"Zeke Coleman."

"Ethan Coleman," his little brother mocked.

Zeke rolled his eyes. "I don't have time for you, E. I have a hundred things I need to get completed before I go home in a couple of hours."

"Fine, I won't warn you."

Zeke went on high alert. "What's going on?"

"There's a woman that is coming to see you. She's pissed that you haven't been returning her phone calls."

His mind drifted towards Monica.

"She told me that when she sees you, she's going to put you over her knee and spank your bare ass," Ethan finished the statement with a chuckle.

Zeke sobered up when he realized Ethan was talking about their mother. He leaned back in his chair. "I've been busy. I was just home last month."

"We're all busy," Ethan replied. "The only difference is she can pop up on us any moment. Ma walked into my place and caught me fucking."

"What she do?"

"She made the woman leave," Ethan whined. "Do you know how long it took for me to get big booty Nicki over?"

"Didn't you have a crush on her in high school?"

"Exactly. I had to watch that big ass wobble out the door."

Zeke started to laugh. "What is Pearl up to?"

"Ma wants to visit Texas. You know there's an ulterior motive."

"She's checking up on me now," Zeke filled in. "When is she coming?"

A week later, Zeke stood outside of Sydney's store. Two things had brought him there today. First, he wanted to see Sydney, and second he needed to get a gift for his mother. Today she was coming to visit, and Zeke figured that he could come into the store and casually bump into Sydney and get her to help.