17 ~ I've Been Better

A sleek car pulled up to the large but partially familiar household. With a gruff sigh, your (e/c) orbs wandered off towards your driver,Walter.

You would honestly consider Walter as one of your closest friends. He was not nearly as uptight as the rest of the people you are forced to see on a day-to-day basis. So, you decided to become friends with this snazzy gentleman.

"Walt, I think I'm just about ready to give up on everything."

        An amused smirk graced his features.

"Who put a stick up your ass this time?"

        A laugh rippled through the once thick atmosphere. Things like this were why you were friends with Walter.

        Walter was interesting. He came to work for your family, after he was living on the streets. He would make art and sell it on the street. The word was that he was originally from a different country, and he doesn't know how he got here. Although, you were truly glad he is where he is now.        

"This time, I have a feeling that even you won't have an idea of what to do."

Walter put his gloved hand over his heart and made a false expression of shock.

"You mean to tell me your mother wasn't the one being an ass this time?"

Your head was now leaned against the seat,as more laughter flowed through the air. You wiped a nonexistent tear from your eye.

"Her too,but this time I fret it is a variety of people."

This time, Walt snapped his fingers and looked at you.

"You best tell me whose hurting you!"

Now adorned with a smile, you figured you might as well talk with Walter about it.

"I was never too keen on the idea of marrying Hikaru and Kaoru,but I guess they aren't total spawns of Satan. I didn't really gravitate towards Kyoya, but I presume he's....okay. I figured my opinions on Kyoya were invalid, since I would be with the twin,but now I have been given the option of something I really don't want to choose."

There was no joke this time. Walter gave you a lopsided smile.

"Hey kid, don't get all down in the dumps. Everything happens for a reason. If it didn't, why would it happen? I know it seems all confusing,but eventually, even the strongest man has to rest."

You nodded.

"Walt, that was the most sentimental bullshit you've ever told me,but I really appreciate it."

He tipped his hat to you.

"Anytime."

        You were walking to the door. You were considering just turning around and going home. 

'Yeah,home sounds good.'

        You turned on your heel to head home,but then you thought more about going home.

        You index finger poked the doorbell. A light chime alerted your arrival. Soon after, someone approached you with a wide smile.

"(Y/n)!"

Your eyes widened in slight shock. It had been a very long time since you had seen this person. Said person gave you a tight hug and bits of their short hair tickled your nose.

"How have you been, (Y/n)?"

"I've been better, I suppose."

An airy laugh, which did not belong to you, filled the air.

"Well, come on in!"

You gave a nod in appreciation.

        The house was as grand as always. The pristine white walls were crisp. The beautiful chandeliers glimmered brightly. This house never ceased to amaze you.

"I was informed you would be staying all weekend."

Your eyes rolled in annoyance. Of course, you knew your mother would just have to pull something.

"WE HAVE COMPANY!"

You slightly cringed at the sound of the yelling.

The same flashy smile bored into your skull.

"It shouldn't be much longer. Make yourself at home!"

"Thank you Mrs. Hitachiin."

​"Please, just call me Yuzuha."