16 ~ Good Evening Starshine, the Earth Says Hello

You walked into the nice abode, and you threw your bag upon the nearest wall. You let the cherry red door slam, as you saw no reason to fret it.
"(Y/n)? Is that you?"
Your mother's voice chirped from the kitchen. You had no idea what she was so happy about, but you assumed you had nothing to do with it. So, your shoes clanked heavily,as you made your way to the kitchen. You were not in a hurry,as you felt no need to.
        You then entered the mint green room. The appliances were a sleek black. Everything was the same as always, with the exception of the bubbly woman at the table. 
        Your mother never cooked. That's why you had people to do it for you. While on that note, you noticed you two were the only lifeforms in that particular room. You just shrugged it off.
        Your mother looked upon you, as if she was expecting you to bask in her glory. So, you mustered up the most unimpressed face you could,and used a quote from a favorite movie.
"Good evening starshine, the earth says hello."
        Your mother creased her overly defined eyebrows. But, she just let it go. After all, why worry about that when she could be talking about herself? That was her point exactly.
"I got a call from some people today."
Now it was your turn to raise an eyebrow.
"Should I be caring right now?"
        The older woman gave a slight scoff.
"You should,because they involve you and me,but more importantly me."
        You made your way to the chair across from her. You set yourself down, with a slight 'plop' and rested your chin in your hand.
"Hmm, you don't say."
        Your mother had a smirk that was actually concerning you.
"Oh, by the way I'm going over to Hikaru and Kaoru's for a school thing tonight."
        Your mother looked at you, as if you said you stated she has won the lottery. This was getting very strange.
"Funny you mention them, (Y/n). Oh, do you know a Kyoya?"
        This peaked your interest.
"As a matter-of-fact, I do."
"Well, the Ootori family called, and said they would give me the same amount of money the Hitachiin family will for your hand in marriage. So, I decided to leave it up to you."
'Well fuck'