Nari

Hiraiah, a multi-billionaire at her 20's due to successful investments is currently on her way to 4n1, a convenience store nearest to her studio because she needs her daily dose of unhealthy food.

"Nari?" a breathless shout came from meters behind. "Nari!"

Hearing her old nickname, Hiraiah stopped in her tracks and turned around, only to see a man from the other side of the road, taller by more than a foot running towards her.

"Huh?" she muttered in confusion, squinting her eyes to figure out who it calling her.

Those familiar black-rimmed rectangular glasses, the fluffy mess of dark hair, and the beauty mark under the corner of the right eye. Hiraiah smiled, and started to walk in the direction of the man.

"Ren?"

He never changed. Except that he looks more like a grown-up man now and nothing like the much small, scrawny, and thin boy she was deskmates with back in highschool---Zoren is still Zoren.

Hiraiah ran faster and due to her nature of blocking everything when focused, disregarded that she is currently crossing a pedestrian, as the man of her sight right now is another pavement away.

To say that she is ecstatic to see Zoren is an understatement. Highschool was a blur---all she remembers is that one day, the boy she usually helps with their emphathy and logic subject as well as who usually shares a secret stash of sweets with her disappeared, and all news that she got was that he transferred schools to another country.

He was a genius---and Hiraiah will contradict anyone who says the opposite. Their classmates just never bothered to get to know Zoren, and immediately judged him by his gloomy aura and emotionless eyes. How can they not see the tiny hint of spark in those stormy grey orbs? Hiraiah shook her head. Everyone was so stupid, and so they missed the wonderful of a person Zoren is, that's that. How'd they even automatically accept that she suddenly got higher grades in chemistry class? Just because she excels in math units, their classmates never doubts when she aces other subjects. Chemistry was her weakness, and who helped her study much more easier in that area? Of course, it's her all-around genius deskmate, Zoren.

Hiraiah smiled widely as she walked faster, but hesitated as she saw Zoren running faster towards her, with eyes full of fear.

She had never saw those eyes as disturbed as it was now. "Ren...?" she uttered.

"Nari, come here faster!"

"What---" Hiraiah turned to her right realizing that something is wrong, and she suddenly becomes more aware of her surroundings.

There it was. A car, with brakes that seem to be broken as it zigzags towards her direction, is rushing full speed. Gasping, Hiraiah's eyes widened---she quickly turned to Zoren, as she is shocked at the situation. "Ren---!" she tries to dodge, and reached out her hands towards the male who is now nearing her.

However, it was too late.

Hiraiah closed her eyes as she felt the slam on her body. She was a second behind and even though she attempted to ran faster towards Zoren in order to dodge, the car still crashed into her side and the impact caused her body to crash into the ground.

Numbness, and then constant pulses of intense pain. Hiraiah was barely comprehending what just happened, but her body seems to just shut down. With eyes blurry, she sees Zoren carrying her inside an ambulance.

"Ren...?" she managed to say.

"Nari, as always, you are stupid. How many times have I told you to not space out? From now on, you are not allowed to go out by yourself." Zoren's usual but much deeper stern voice resounded in her ears, but all she heard was the tone of concern he had.

"Ren, you're still naggy as ever. I'm fine---"

"No you are not," Zoren interrupted. "Thankfully, your brains did not fail you and you managed to dodge at that moment. If not, you're dead meat." He continued, with his voice trembling as he uttered the last sentence.

Hiraiah smiled at the familiarity of his demeanor. Sure enough, Zoren is still a lowkey tsundere. "That car ruined our reunion," she whined. "However, I'm too in pain to complain, so----,"

She suddenly went unconscious.

Setting her comfortably in the stretcher, Zoren's eyes made contact with the men a few meters away from him but on different locations, and gestured towards the car that is now in shambles as it hit a large delivery truck.

The men, knowing what to do, nodded at the silent order and disappeared.

Zoren caressed Hiraiah's now un-bloodied face and pondered as the ambulance they are riding on is quickly bolting to the nearest hospital.

Is this what he meant by intervention via natural events? That bastard, he thought to himself, getting slowly furious as he went on. I should've never trusted his words like I usually do. Hiraiah even got hurt this time, good thing I was able to quickly touch her. Tsk, I should demand compensation from that useless deity.

Zoren pulled his phone out of the pocket inside his jacket and dialed one of his most despised contacts.

"Ling, is this you or your airhead assistant?" he started irritably.

"Well, look at that, after all the beatings you---,"

"Shut up. Immediately arrange the best accommodation in the Sierra Medical, it's the nearest hospital we're going to. Also, put two beds. One for Nari, the actual patient, and me, because I need to accompany her. Get to it quickly because I have a deity to beat up," Zoren straightforwardly said, and ended the call without allowing the other to even respond.

He unconsciously went on to fix Hiraiah's hair, knowing she hates it when it is all over her face. Zoren stared at her pale face, the heavy guilt now dawning on him. He always wanted to see her normal happy poker face and clueless yet smart eyes, why did he even asked Sidapa for help? He is always up to some nonsense. Ugh, stupid Zoren, he chided himself.

On the other end of the line, Ling-ga sweatdropped, amused. Well, I hope that deity ain't me because I don't need new bruises, he thought to himself, and then proceeded as what Zoren told him. Haiya, since when did I became an errand-boy for Zoren? Tsk.

Quick Transmigration: Forgetting Zoren जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें