𝕴𝖐𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖒 𝖓𝖆 𝖄𝖚𝖌𝖙𝖔

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I am a good girl. Would I go to heaven, kuya?" She took his left hand and played with his fingers. 

"Sabi kasi nila, dapat po behave lang. Magpakabait daw po para pumunta sa heaven." Christian remained silent trying to find the right words to say. 

If he said the harsh truth it would broke the child's heart. She was too young and innocent. Her soul was pure and sincere. May the world and the people around her not cover her with filth and malice. 

"Is heaven a good place po?" Muli ay walang naisagot ang binata. His eyes were just fixated on his hand looking the child's small little fingers playing with his crusifix ring. 

How would he know if heaven was a good place? He'd never been there.

"Napipi ka na po ba kuya Tan?" Kunot noong tanong sa kaniya ng bata. 

He smiled at her and patted her head using his free hand. 

"Don't worry, heaven awaits for a good girl like you." She beamed upon his words. 

"Can I borrow your phone po? Gusto ko manood Mr. Bean!" Mabilis na inabot ng binata ang phone niya at hinayaang kalikutin ito ng bata. 

He let his back rest on the grass as he closed his eyes. How many weeks has it been ever since he'd  been here as a missionary? He lost count of the time. He forgot the main reason why he's even here tending the kids of Angel's Home, an orphanage where he was assigned.

He heard the opening of the cartoon she's watching, and unknowingly he find it pleasant to the ears. His foot was even tapping on the ground following the rhythm of the instrumental song. 

A few seconds later, a random advertising played. He immediately opened his eyes when he heard it was something inappropriate for a child. Mabilis na kinuha ng binata ang cellphone niya at in-exit ito. 

"Bakit po kuya?" She asked innocently as if she didn't saw a ten second video of an upcoming adult movie. 

"It wasn't for kids." She gave him a confused face. 

"Isn't it normal po?" Sa pagkakataong ito, kumunot ang noo ng binata.

"Normal?" 

"Nagbabahay-bahayan po sila, hindi ba?" 

"Bahay-bahayan?" 

"Yes po!" Bigla itong tumayo sabay pag-pag ng suot nitong dress. 

"Kami po ni father Nicholas lagi nagbabahay-bahayan kapag bumibisita siya rito!" Dag-dag pa nito habang nakaangiti. 

Ivy then run towards the other children and started playing in the swing with a big smile on her face. 

Christian knew what he saw from the ad. It was a man and a woman having sex. He knew what he heard from the child as well. Hindi siya bingi at mas lalong hindi siya bobo para hindi malaman kung ano ang ibig sabihin nito.

The calm face he'd been using as a mask suddenly faded. His expression became grim and dark. Nanlilisik ang mga mata nito habang nagtatagis ang bagang. 

He laugh maniacally in his mind. Father Nicolas? The priest who was adored by everyone because of his kind and demure approach towards people? They were singing praises of him. Such a young and kind priest anyone could ask for. 

Who would've thought what he's hiding behind his religion?

He was about stood up when he felt someone sat beside him. Lumingon ito't nagulat nang makilala kung sino ang katabi. Nakangisi ito sa kaniya nang may napapantasikuhang mukha. 

"Since when did your name became Christian?" Pinanlisikan niya kaagad ito ng mata. 

"I supposed you have become holy and sacred now? Oh, wow. I would not be surprised if you went to heaven." Natatawaang saad ng lalaking katabi niya. He was mocking him.