───── ❝ 𝟐𝟗 ❞ ─────

-

Well, your head was spinning, that's for sure.

Did you just get a confirmation on something you thought was utterly insane?

By the look on his face, you can tell the same thing was going through his head.

Was that baby really the stand user?

"I can say with certainty that if we're both thinking the same thing then neither of us are going crazy," you put you hand on his shoulder and sit him down. "But if that baby is the stand user, which I did have my previous suspicions, we can't just beat the shit out of the baby," you put your hand to your chin. "I mean, that would be wrong, right?"

You kneel in front of him, trying to reassure him.

"The baby is trying to kill all of us, but he's still a child. It would be wrong," he sighs. "I didn't even think that babies had the mental capacity to manifest a stand anyway."

"It's about your soul, not your mind," you remind him. "From the moment you pop out of the womb, your soul develops and gains from everything around you. You don't have to have any knowledge to have an experienced soul. You could be the most weak minded fool but still have the most sound and powerful soul."

"I see..."

Mr. Joestar's loud voice tears you away from your conversation.

He calls for dinner.

Kakyoin stays back while you walk away.

Jotaro takes his food and walks towards the desert, to which you follow.

"Hope you don't mind the company," you stand next to him.

"I don't mind when it's you."

"Well, aren't you a romantic?"

"Shut up," he says. You laugh. "It's crazy to think we've been at it for a month."

"Yeah, we're over 8,500 kilometers from your home. I don't know about you, but I do like it here. We crashed in a not so bad spot all things considered."

You look around and observe the trees around you.

"You're right," he turns away from you and looks up to the sky. Stars for other planets and suns for their life forms look like dust to you. "But if we don't hurry, then the situation will worsen."

"You're right. I've tried to convince the foundation to send in my old partner from New York. He's experienced, and I would say that he's tougher than some of us here. I think they'll send him in."

"That's good, we need all the help we can get to plow through these enemies."

"We'll make it," you assure. "And if things worsen, I'm putting you and your grandfather on the first plane to Tokyo."

"Good luck with that," he smiles.

You sit in the dirt and observe the sky above. It was a sight to behold. He sits next to you.