───── ❝ 𝟎𝟏 ❞ ─────

-

In a small shop on one of the many winding roads of Cairo you sat with your head down on the front counter.

You were completely content and even half asleep.

You were, at least until you felt a couple light taps on your shoulder.

"(Y/N), get up. Go pack your bags" said the man behind you.

Lifting your head off the desk, you turn to face him.

Groggily, you questioned, "Where to this time, Muhammad?"

"New York." he sturdily responded.

You grunted, setting your head back down.

The smell of incense hung in the air, a light clattering of chimes combined with the low commotion from the streets outside was nearly lulling you back asleep.

"What'd the old fart get himself into now?"

With a light chuckle he replied, "It's not him this time. It's about his grandson."

You lifted your head up once more, rubbing your eyes until they adjusted to the light.

"Doesn't his family live in Japan?"

"They do," he locked the register before walking to the staircase. You follow. "Mr. Joestar requested we accompany him on his trip. He hasn't yet confirmed it, but, I believe I know why. I think it's something he can't discuss over the phone."

He turned to face you, looking you dead in the eyes. A sense of urgency was evident in his stare. You felt it.

There was a silence between the two of you while you stared back, silently asking him to elaborate. Though he most likely acknowleged it, he ignored you and your look completely.

He wasn't going to continue. He didn't need to. You understood what he was talking about.

This was serious.

In order to break the silence, you spoke first.

"Alright, give me five minutes."

"Good," he walked to his room. "I'll be waiting downstairs."

You sighed, not liking how rushed this all felt. But, you knew he probably didn't like it either.

Muhammad Avdol, your adoptive father.

Though he wasn't much older than you, he adapted to being a fatherly figure to you almost immediately.

Before you met him, for as long as you could remember you lived life on the streets of New York City, committing petty crimes and street fighting to survive. You'd even met another stand user through this, and though there were some communication issues, you were able to become partners.

You remembered very little about your youth from before you were on the street.

Like Muhammad Avdol, you were fortunate enough to be born with a stand.