8 Months Pt. 1

*This will be in third person. Hailey was diagnosed with leukaemia and this will be showing the toll it's taking on Jay and the knew reality he is facing. If this is triggering for anyone do not read, there will be talk of intense sickness, blood, vomiting, anxiety, talk of death, and other possibly triggering scenarios. *

It had been 8 months since the diagnosis. 8 months of chemo and radiation, of tears and sadness, of sickness, of being lost. Jay was trying to be strong for his wife, but it was so hard. So so hard. She lost her hair about three weeks into her chemo. That was a hard month. He always thought she was beautiful but she thought she looked awful. Jay would remind her every day she looked beautiful, always making sure she felt loved. Jay was still working. He took a month off when they first got the news, but he had to go back to pay the bills and make sure they could afford the necessities. The team noticed how tired he was, coming into work with two hours of sleep because he had to help Hailey when she would be sick throughout the night. He was looking awful himself, bags under his eyes, he was moving like he was half asleep all the time. The team knew everything, so they would help Jay and Hailey with things like driving Hailey to doctors appointments, making dinner or making sure they kept their spirits up. Jay was so thankful for them. The team just got a new case. Hailey had a really rough night, actually week, so Jay was on call in case he needed to leave for any reason.

Jay came up the stairs, slowly, running on fumes and it wasn't even 10 am.

He walked slowly to his desk and plopped down.

"Hey man how's a goin?" Adam asked

"Rough night..."

"Ah sorry, how's she this morning?" Kim asked

"Uh well she was awake when I left so that's good, and Will's gonna come over in about 2 hours to give her her IV so I'm hoping she'll feel better after that. She threw up about 3...... no 4 times last night so she didn't get a lot of sleep. She went in yesterday for another round of meds so she's gonna feel worse than normal for a couple days. " Jay said, yawning soon after.

About two months ago Hailey couldn't eat anymore so she started eating and drinking through IV to try and keep her as healthy as possible.

Jay laid his head on his arms and closed his eyes until Hank came in to debrief them.

*10 mins later*

Hank walked in and saw Jay, he looked awful. Hank felt awful about Hailey's health, they were like his children.

" Jay........ Jay.." Adam shook his arm.

Jay shot up and wiped his eyes. Trying to look alert.

"Sorry, go ahead Sarge"

"It's okay." Hank said.

Hank debriefed everyone, there was no reason for the team to go out into the field today because they needed to look up one of the suspects before they could move forward. Jay was secretly thankful, he wanted to be near his phone in case Will called.

It was around 1:00 when Jays phone started to ring. He was really hoping it wouldn't because he knew it was never a good sign.

The others looked up, noticing Jay grab his phone quickly. Jay picked up and said hello, he started walking into the break room for privacy but stopped dead in his tracks. Hank saw and came out of his office. Everyone was watching Jay like a hawk, trying to discern what was going on by the tone of his voice and his facial expressions.

"Okay, when......."

"How much blood........."

When Jay said that everyone's heart dropped, this wasn't good. They were all scared for Hailey and sorry for Jay.