Chapter 8

8: I finally heard something about you (2)

The next morning, Cale’s group got on the carriage and prepared to leave Puzzle City as well.

After a day’s worth of travel, they were now getting ready to make camp but the duo is missing, unseen. Cale frowned when Ron came to tell him this. Even so he didn’t care about them because Ciel was an adult.

They were both, at that time, in the middle of the forest, having dinner.

"Are you certain, Amelia?"

Ciel asked, inserting the sardine core into the bread and then handing it to Amelia. They both looked like a couple having a peaceful picnic regardless of the ferocious animals around them.

"(Nom...nom, I told you, yes! Oh my, this is good... another one, please..)"

And suddenly she looked back and let out a loud hiss.

"(Hey, you're all there! If you don't want to go, you're all going to be my breakfast tomorrow!)"

The animals, who came because they were tempted by the smell of food, fled after seeing how greedy the cat was.

The grumpy cat turned back to the cute and polite one after being given another sardine sandwich.

"(Thank you!)"

"...." Ciel, who have been with Amelia for a long time, had nothing to say.

His white fingers ruffled his own hair, annoyed.

"Haa. That God.... ah, I have a lot of questions to ask him... but it's been a long time since he stopped talking to me even though I still wear this ribbon to this day."

"(Nyom, he stopped talking to you since Zed showed up at our house, didn't he?)"

Ciel, who now seemed more depressed after hearing Zed's name, didn't forget to hand Amelia a plate of grilled meat.

Amelia who was sorry to see her best friend, suggested something to make him happy.

"(Let's blow up their temples and palaces, then!)"

She made a hand gesture of something exploding in the air and Ciel started to smile because it was adorable.

"I'm counting on you, then."

"(Muahahaha! Leave it to me!)"

Their atmosphere has become bright. And even though they always plan to blow something up or do evil, it’s never really done by them because they don’t really like trouble.

They were satisfied enough to imagine the temple of the God of Death being destroyed and Zed's palaces on fire.

***

“We left in secret, so how is it possible? There is someone who can avoid my detection? This is too much!”

Ciel and Amelia messed up.

The two of them were now hiding behind a tree not far from Cale’s group camp and looked at the two strangers who were making a fuss in the morning.

'How in the world is there a priestess of the God of Death here, now?!'

With a tired face, Ciel whispered, "Did that God hear our conversation yesterday?"

Amelia replied, "(Maybe.)"

Both sighed.

“We have someone in our party who delivers food for us.”

“...Who is it?”

Cale snorted before responding.

“He is surprisingly shy so you will not be able to see him.”

Cale saw the leaves on a tree not far from the campsite moving up and down and shook his head. Cale shaking his head made both Taylor and Cage turn red from embarrassment.

“Ahem, I, I see. It seems we had the wrong idea.”

“It’s not your fault. Beacrox is an excellent cook, so please have some steak before you go.”

Beacrox stopped caressing the boar and looked up at Cale. Cale could not look at Beacrox because of what Taylor said next.

“Young master Cale, I heard that you are heading for the capital. If it is okay with you, may we follow behind you?”

“Please feel free to do whatever is best for you.”

“Thank you. We will be under your care until we get close to the capital.”

Seeing that the fuss was over, they both came out from behind the tree and walked normally towards Cale.

"Good morning, young master Cale."

'Oh right, I'm actually taking this guy to the capital too.'

He looked at Ciel from head to toe, as well as his white cat and asked.

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yes, the wind is very chill there."

Taylor Stan, who saw Ciel and Amelia appearing behind a tree, asked hesitantly.

"Young master Cale, was he the one who sent the boar just now?"

"No, not this man. He is the king's aide whom I accompanied to the capital."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ciel."

Taylor was silent for a moment after hearing that. He then introduced himself and shook hands with Ciel.

“Nice to meet you too, my name is Taylor Stan."

It was a short handshake.

“And... this is my companion, priestess Cage-nim. She is a follower of the God of Eternal Rest.”

"Nice to meet you.." Cage stared at Ciel with a strange face.

'Aigoo.'

"...is there something on my face?"

"No, it's not like that, it's just..."

Cage who was feeling the great power of the God of Death in Ciel's body, was speechless.

"You-"

"Young master Cale, I will go first, everyone, please continue chatting."

Cale hummed. Cage had just wanted to ask if Ciel was a priest similar to her, but the man quickly walked away from them.

"(Hey.)"

Amelia, who had been looking everywhere in the air and now staring at the boar being cooked by Beacrox, repeated Cale's words.

"(He said, 'We have someone in our party who delivers food for us.' Am I right?)"

All this time they thought that the person who always brought the food was Choi Han, but he has now parted ways with their party...

Ciel and Amelia looked at each other as if they were thinking the same thing.

That someone is undoubtedly is the black dragon.