Chapter Two - Nightcord at 25:00

"The only place where you can dream
Living here is not what it seems"

I feel myself reassemble in this new world. It's quiet and dim, just how I like it. Grey, slanting pyramids and half-toppling structures are the only other things that exist here.

Out of nowhere, countless fragments join together, revealing four girls around my age, startling me throughout the process. I'm not sure if I would ever become used to this. But anyways, I have a feeling that this was the group Miku was talking about. They do have a slightly ominous aura around them though... Miku said they were friendly, right? Uhh, right?

The girl with pink hair turned to the girl with brown hair, seemingly whispering something to her while looking curiously at me. The girl with purple hair gave me a shy smile, and the light blue hair girl stood forward, examining me. So many different hair colours!

"You must be Y/n. Miku told me about you." The blue haired girl nodded sleepily. "I'm K. Purple hair is Yuki, brunette is Enanan, pink hair is Amia."

"We perform in the band Nightcord at 25:00." Amia grins at me.

Wait, band? Perform? Miku never told me about that! I have really bad stage fright and would feel feel faint even just standing on stage, let alone just being in the spotlight. Oh, how I'm going to get my revenge on her-

"Don't worry. We'll teach you everything there is to being in a musical circle." Yuki whispers.

"But you better follow along!" Enanan winks.

Strange names, strange people, it's a bit much to take in but I'm trying my best.

"First, we have to get you a new outfit because you're going to stick out like a sore thumb. Let's go to the real world."

Welp. Time to teleport to another world again. How many worlds are in this world? The four join hands, leaving a gap for me to join in. I link hands with K and Enanan, and we shatter into pieces once again, only to teleport to K's room.

*Time skip to K's room

Mizuki's (Amia's) POV

We've teleported to Kanade's room. Kanade and Mafuyu are busy talking to the new girl, so I take this chance to discuss a few things with Ena.

"Psst. Ena."

Ena glances over at me and comes.

"Ena, don't you think the new girl is a bit... suspicious? Like, all of a sudden, Miku just says oh, here's a random person to add to your group, but she won't do that unless there's something special about this girl."

"Dunno, but gotta give her some credit for following along so well."

"I suppose so... she seems like a good person. We'll get to know more about her later anyways."

"Enanan, Amia, come over here!" Shouts Mafuyu. We go over and see Y/n in her new outfit. And wow, does she look great~

Y/n's POV

I bashfully stand there, showing the girls my costume. I have to admit, it does look pretty good.

If you don't like the dress design, you can always choose another :)

Amia and Enanan glance over at each other after looking at me and grin. There must be something between those two.

K hands me my school uniform and ushers me into the bathroom. Right, now I'll have to go to school here too which was kind of disappointing. I wonder what I should say to the teachers, that I came from another world through dreamland and this girl from my dreams teleported me here? Probably not. I'll just come up with something as I go.

Reluctantly, I change into my school uniform. Miku must've prepared all of this for me beforehand, otherwise there would be no way the girls would have got this all perfect. Red tie, white blouse, grey skirt. I walk out again and K nods in approval.

"You'll be coming to Kamiyama high school with us. And you'll live with me. I'll show you around the house."

"Thanks K."

I'm starting to understand more and more about this world. It's just strange how my life took a very sudden turn for the better. What was that saying - that with good comes bad? That all good things must come to an end? I'm not sure, but I try to dismiss the slightly unsettling feeling in my stomach.

She talks to the girls and they promptly leave, not without saying bye to us though. K glances over at me and smiles.

"Welcome to Nightcord at 25:00, Y/n. A pleasure to have you in our group."