Chapter One - A Dream Come True?

I open my eyes, only to flinch away and shield them from the blinding light all around me. Eventually, I get used to it and open them again.
I freak out - someone I don't know stands before me... smiling? Not a mean, sarcastic smile, but a genuine one. It's been so long since someone has smiled at me like that before.

"Y/n. I hear you have a wish."

"Wh-who are you? How do you know my name? Where am I?"

"Those questions will all be answered in due time."

I stand up and face her. She's as tall as me. Long, cyan pigtails, white shirt, black skirt... wait. Isn't that-

"Miku." I look her in the eye. Her smile doesn't fade away, if anything it's gotten wider.

"You're the girl from my dreams."

She nods and starts swiping at the air, five coloured orbs surrounding her. Miku then selects a deep purple orb and pulls it towards her, humming in approval. Once again, she swipes the air in front of her and all of the orbs disappear, except for the purple one.

"Take a look at this Y/n."

She holds it out to me to me. I suddenly feel a connection. A warmth inside of me, a sense of belonging. The deep purple resembles me so well, it's calming, and it's one of my favourite colours. I notice some words are glowing within it, and I take a closer look.

Nightcord at 25:00

Interesting. I like the name.

"This will be your SEKAI. There are four other's like you - you guys should get along fine. And from now on, this will be your home world."

I freeze and hesitate a little. What did she mean by this would be my home world?

"My home world? What about my other life?"

"Don't worry about it. What matters now is this life."

"If you say so... just be happy I trust you."

I should be happy that I'm starting a new life here, in an entire new world. I try to convince myself it's a dream, but the more I experience the more realistic it feels. It's funny because nothing is making sense right now. Just to make sure, I pinch myself in the arm. Ow - that hurt :0

"This isn't a dream Y/n~"

"Right. I was just making sure."

She giggles and brings out a phone.

"When your ready, play the 'untitled song' in that playlist. The girls will take you on after that."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see."

"So you're not coming with me."

"No, but I'll always be around somewhere."

I sigh and look at Miku. What am I doing? But then again, I don't really have any other choice.

"Ok, I'm ready."

"Go for it then. Don't have any regrets."

Easier said than done. But I tap on the playlist and get ready to play the 'untitled song'. 

Just before I press the play button, I quietly mumble,

"Thanks for everything, Miku."

"It's alright." She smiles.

I press the play button, and start to feel detached from this light world. Usually I don't like bright places, but surprisingly it's a soothing kind of bright. My body starts to shatter into pieces as I'm transferred into another world. It's a strange feeling, not at all unpleasant though.
And to think this would become an everyday occurrence...

"What a strange, strange world." I whisper, as I fade into another dimension.