Third Party Pov (56)

Start from the beginning

The next morning Mindy wasn't feeling like hanging out with the rest but Yvy, as active as ever, bustled around dressing up and requesting a photoshoot. Not wanting her friend to realize how traumatized she was about last night she decided to pretend throughout the day.
At some point she couldn't, her next thought was to hand someone else the job when she saw Kendal Levy climbing down the hotel stairs. She thanked her stars.

***

Kendal can't control her tears as she's sitting in the office with her mom. She can't get a word out of her mouth and Carmen has tried consoling her several times to no avail.

"Our investigations have not ended totally, but from all our findings your daughter is the core suspect here and risks getting suspended if she doesn't admit the truth"

"What's left to say? She didn't do it and I believe her. She's my daughter and I know her well"

"We parents all think the same until we see our children In action."

"Are you calling me a liar?" I know my daughter so don't tell me otherwise. I request a panel for this case. And I'll be present all through. You can't just do a lazy investigation and blame it on my daughter haven't you been blamed for stealing just because you look like a thief?" Carmen asks

Mr. White is astounded. "Are you saying I look like a thie_"

"Hell yeah! Your uncarved beard, sunken eyes and parched lips don't remind you of thieves?... I know the girl in question is from an influential family and you don't wanna get messed up with them so you find a poor naive quiet girl who was by chance there at the scene of your investigation to blame. I'll take this far if it means getting justice for Kendal!!"

"Mum please let's just go." Kenny insists.

Yvonne walks in and felt some pity for Kendal.

"Yes, Ms. Novald," Mr. White says.

"I don't think Ms. Levy here did it," she says looking at Kenny whose expression is as shocked as her mother's own.
"I know we've never been friends but she wouldn't dare... Well all I'm saying is my hunch is always right so just let her go" she says and walks out.

"Well...?!" Carmen starts.

"I'll have to reconcile these issues_"

"Mr....?"

"White" he offers.

"You just heard what the girl said. It's not my daughter's doing, what else do you want?"

"I understand, your daughter is free to go for now. I'll have to clarify some things first. My apologies Ms.Levy" he stammered.

As they walk back to the car, Carmen laments bitterly about the rate of discrimination that's going on in the school.

"How can they pin this all on you cos your dad isn't here?" Her voice breaks.

"Mum it's enough, you know it's not because of him"

"It is Kendal, your dad and I used to be among the parent's teachers association heads, your dad made major contributions to the school at that time now all of a sudden they don't care about his legacy any longer. It's all for a bunch of nonentities who didn't help build the foundations!! I'm rusticating you from here immediately" she threatens.

"No, you can't! I'm in my final year mum. Our SAT is upcoming, well not cos some people have written theirs and applied to college"

Carmen's eyes pop in shock. "What have you been waiting for?"

"Well_ I... You've been pretty occupied with a lot and I can't disturb you for money"

Carmen shuts the door with a bang. "What nonsense?! That isn't an excuse Kendal, this is your future we're talking about and you're telling me I was occupied. Despite that, you should have let me know. I don't care if I was on a sick bed. How much is it?"