Part 34

Sana's P.O.V. 

I sat on the chair and played with a pencil as I tried to rethink what happened to my earring. I sighed again and again as I threw out one reason after another out of my mind. I remembered when we were in the car, he was trying to get my phone. "Did it fall out in the car? Could be," I said thinking. "Excuse me!" Someone said banging the table in front me. I was brought out of my thoughts and looked at the angry lady. "What kind of service is this? I have been standing here so long and you are in your own world," she said. "I'm sorry. What is your name?" I asked opening the diary. "I'm not the patient, it's my daughter," she said angrily. "Oh. What's her name?" I asked. I looked through the names and didn't see hers. "I'm sorry. I don't see your name on the list. You might have to hold on a little until the doctor sees all these patients," I said. "What do you mean I have to wait? I have to go to work soon," she said. "But ma'am, you don't have an appointment, how can you see the doctor?" I said. "I want to meet the doctor right now. Call the doctor," she said demanding. "The doctor is seeing a patient. Please hold on a few minutes," I said. She frowned at me angrily and folded her arms. I stood up and said, "Excuse me." I went to Sidharth's door and knocked on it to get his attention. "Yes," he said. "There is one woman that is demanding to see you without an appointment," I said. "Give her an appointment after all the other patients," he said. "She is saying that she has to return to work," I said. He sighed and bit his lip. "Ok, let me finish with this patient and I'll see," he said. I left the office. "Doc will come out in a while," I said. I sat down and looked at her. "Ok, I'll see you soon," Sidharth said escorting his patient out. He looked at me and I directed him with pointing to the lady. He looked at her as she went up to him. 

"Good morning doctor. I am really sorry. I know that I don't have an appointment but please, see my daughter. I can't wait because I have to go back to work. Please, I am requesting you," she said desperate. I frowned at her sudden change in behaviour. A while ago, she was looking at me as if she will strangle me and she's talking to Sidharth so nicely. "Ok," he said and allowed her inside. Turning to the patients waiting, he said, "I am really sorry for the extra wait. Please, understand her problem and be considerate for the child." He went in. After a few minutes, he came out with them and frowned at me. Surely she must have complained about me. What problem does people have with me in this place? Neha and Megha doesn't like me, this lady doesn't like me. What's with them? I sent in the next patient. When lunch came, I left and was going across to the home to eat when I bounced into Megha. I frowned at her as she looked pitiful at me. "Sana," she said, "It's good I met you here. I want to apologise on behalf..." Before she could complete, Sidharth came. He glared at her. Knowing how crazy he gets nowadays when it comes to me, I feared that he would tell her something bad. "What are you trying to do?" He asked Megha angrily. "Sidharth, she was..." I said but he raised his hand, stopping me. "I was only apologising," she said bending her head. He held onto my hand and said, "Don't try your act anymore. You..." But I stopped him saying, "It's ok Megha. I don't hold any grudges against you. The person that hit me is in jail. I don't want anything else." She smiled slightly at me. Sidharth tightened his grip on my hand angrily and pulled me away to the home. Reaching there, he let go and looked at me annoyed. "What do you think you are doing talking to her?" He asked. "I bounced into her accidentally," I said. He scoffed saying, "They don't do things accidentally. I'm sure she bounced into you purposely." "I told you already. Forget it. I left everything already, you leave it too," I said. 

"I can't. You can forget this so easily but I can't. And I won't," he said gritting his teeth. He left and stormed off. I followed him and went to the terrace. "Sidharth," I said going to him, "Leave all of this and come, let's go eat." "I'm not hungry," he said. "If you don't eat, I won't eat," I said. "You really think you are funny, don't you?" He said. "There was a time I used to think I am. But you cleared that misconception today. Thank you," I said. A very small smile came to his face. I took the opportunity to put pressure and said, "Oh, chhado ji! (Oh, leave it!) Reh de inn saari gallan! (Let these things be!) Tussi bas muskurao ji. (You only smile.) Phir dekh, duniya haseen lagega mere dil ko. (And then see, my heart will find the world beautiful.)" His full smile came and I felt much better. "Tussi mere naal Punjabi hi daso hamesha, (You should always talk Punjabi with me me)," he said. "Haan ji, (Yes)," I said smiling. He spontaneously kissed my hairline and hugged me. Holding onto me for a while, he said, "You always manage to get your way with me, don't you?" I smiled and broke the hug. "You don't know me. Main ek alag kisam ki dheet hoon. (I am a different sort of stubbornness.)" I said. We giggled together and he hugged me once more. "Oh ho!" Daljeetji said coming on the terrace. Embarrassed at being caught red handed, we immediately separated and flustered. "What is going on here?" She asked coming closer. I looked in all directions, unable to understand where stop to my eyes and trembled to speak while Sidharth stammered, "Maasi...we were...we were only...umm...you know." "No, I don't know," she said. "I...I got some good news from someone and...I excitedly hugged Sana," he said. "Oh! Then, why are you two so nervous?" She asked. My knees began to feel weak and I ran away for Sidharth to answer more questions alone. He also ran behind me and met me on the stairs saying, "You're impossible. You left me there alone." "I didn't tell you to hug me," I said and ran into the courtyard where everyone was. I silently prayed that Daljeetji doesn't come and say anything to make us more embarrassed. If Roopaji found out, she will tease us for the rest of our lives. 

Sidharth sat away from me this time, with Sharad and I sat alone, in one corner with my plate of food. What was the need to hug me? If she saw the kiss, what will she say? Oh no! Please, I hope she didn't see the kiss. She came and looked at me amused. She then looked at Sidharth and smiled. I knew she was going to tell everyone. I frowned and glared at Sidharth telling him through my eyes that it was all his fault. He narrowed his eyes and shook his head mouthing to me, 'Sorry.' I shook my head. Luckily, Daljeetji didn't say anything and sat quietly with her plate of food. After lunch, I went to the kitchen and washed my hand. "Sana," Daljeetji said startling me. I turned around to her. "Go and tell him," she said. "Sorry?" I asked confused. "Tell him that you love him. Before its too late," she said, "Trust me. Don't wait for the perfect time because there is no perfect time. You have to make the time. Don't delay. Tell him everything before he slips away." Later that night, her words replayed in my head as I sat on my bed and admired Sidharth, smiling away. He was cleaning my wound. I knew before that I was falling in love with him but he has captured me, mind and soul. I knew from the moment he touched me that he was the right one. He was the perfect one. Judging from his behaviour with Megha, it matched his words that he cared for me. And being jealous of other guys also proved that he liked me. His constant closeness to me sold out that he wanted me as much as I wanted him. He might be waiting for that 'perfect time' to confess his feelings but maybe he didn't know that he had to create it. But I wasn't going to be left behind. I won't confess my feelings before him. "What happened? How are you so silent? What are you thinking in that crazy head?" He asked. "Nothing," I said looking away shyly. He sighed and looked at me, clearly unconvinced. "Isn't it strange how you meet someone off as a stranger and one day, they become your reason of existence?" I said. 

"Who are you talking about?" He asked. "I'm just speaking in general," I said. He smiled and began packing his medical kit saying, "Do you know the name given to that person?" I nodded and said, "Soulmate." "Exactly," he said. "Your soul decides one day that that other soul completes it and you get joined together," I said. "So, do you think you have found your soulmate?" He asked. I looked at him and smiled. "I don't know. But I know that when I find him, I won't take long to recognise him," I lied. "So, you will approach him and say, I love you," he said. His three words tugged the correct string in my heart but I knew it wasn't a confession. "What about you? Will you confess?" I asked. "What if she rejects?" He asked. "I wo..." I started but paused, "I mean, who will reject you?" "If I tell you that you are the one?" He asked. My heart skipped a beat. "Am I?" I asked. He looked at me silently. My hopes were skyrocketing and I waited anxiously for his answer. "Maybe," he said leaning closer to me. He got up and said, "Think about my 'maybe' all night. You might get a clue." "This is not fair," I said pouting. He bent over and looked at me closely. "If I were to ask you right now who do you think your soulmate is, will you answer me honestly?" He asked. He was pulling a smart trick to get off. "No," I said. "I thought so. Good night," he said and stood up straight. He left the room. "Good move. But I'll get out of you one day that I'm the one, doc," I said smirking. I laid on the bed and went to sleep, waiting for some of the best dreams of my life. 

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I avoided Sana's questions cleverly. I didn't want to confess like this to her. I had to make it special for her. But before that, I wanted her to recover completely first. I wanted her completely free from any pain and helplessness before I tell her how much I love her and what she means to me. "Just a little bit longer Sana and I will make you the happiest girl in the world," I said looking at her earring. I held it close to my heart and smiled. I placed the earring in my cupboard safely and changed my clothes. Laying on my bed, I looked up at the ceiling before I closed my eyes to dream my one and only.

__________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! One disclaimer, prepare yourselves for the next update because something big is going to happen. Until next time! Bye!