Part 5

Sana's P.O.V. 

Later that night, I saw down and looked at an old, classic film starring Shammi Kapoor, my father's favourite actor and dancer. Everyone were thoroughly enjoying the film but Sharad came to me and said that someone wanted to speak to me on the office phone. I went and answered the phone, "Hello?" "Sana..." Mom said on the line and I immediately hung up. All of a sudden, I was pissed. I left the office and went back to Sharad. "If anyone call and ask for me, don't even bother telling me," I said. I left the movie halfway and went on the terrace. I hugged my body to beat the cold breeze from the open and looked at the sky. I sat there and completely lost keep of time. Someone came behind me and rested a jacket on my shoulders to cover me from the cold. As I turned around, I looked at the doctor surprised. I was about to remove his jacket but he said sitting next to me, "Keep it. Otherwise you will catch a cold. You will be surprised to know how colder it will be in the next five minutes." I obliged and kept the piece of clothing. "Are you ok?" He asked after a brief pause. "I don't know," I said. "Hmm..." he said sighing, "Do you think you are ok?" "I think so," I said. "Angry at someone?" He asked. "How do you know?" I asked. "I wasn't being nosy but I heard what you told Sharad a while ago," he said. "My mom called but I don't want to speak to her," I said. "Why?" He asked. "Because she abandoned me when I needed her most. She has always been selfish. I'm sure she only called because she had something else I can do for her," I said frustrated. "I don't think any mother can be like that," he said. "Easy for you to say, you don't have a mother," I said. 

He looked at me silently. "No. I don't. But I remember her," he said calmly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." I said regretting. "It's ok," he said. "How was she?" I asked. "She was just like me. Or in fact, I am just like her. She was also a doctor. She treated people and healed them. I always remained fascinated at how she can save a life and I also wanted to do that, you know?" He said. "And your father?" I asked. "He passed away when I was only five. I can hardly even remember him," he said, "But Mom was always there to fill that void. She never let me miss my father." "How did she pass?" I asked. "Because of me," he said. I gave him time to explain and he said, "When I was about eleven, our house caught on fire. I got trapped inside and I was really scared. And my superhero came to me. My Mom saved me but she..." I held his hand so that he remained strong. "I'm so sorry," I said. He wiped away his tear and smiled, swallowing all of his pain saying, "I'm ok." Even my eyes got teary hearing his story. I would have never imagined him going through all of that. "Hey," I said holding his hands, "You're a good person." "I'm telling you," he said, "Don't lock your mother out of your life. Otherwise one day you'll be sitting like me and crying for her. Cherish her. Because she won't come back once she's gone." I simply nodded. "Can I ask you something?" He asked. "What is it?" I asked. "Will you let go of my hand?" He asked. I looked at my hands clutching onto his and immediately let go. He chuckled at me and said, "You're not a bad person yourself. You are normal." "What do you mean I'm normal?" I asked with my jaw dropped. "I mean, you're not the mean, spoilt brat I thought you were. You have this side as well. You should be like this more. Everyone will like you. You'll fit in," he said smiling. I stared at him as his words reached and sunk into my head. 

"One more thing," he said. "What is that?" I asked. "You need to stop staring at me," he said and giggled. I punched his arm playfully. I rubbed my hands together as it began getting colder. "Didn't I tell you? You will be surprised on how colder the next five minutes will be. Now if we continue sitting here like this, we will leave as ice sculptures," he said. We got up and he walked me to my room. He stood and looked at me. "Bye," I said. "Bye," he said. "Good night," I said. "Good night." "I'll see you tomorrow then," I said. He nodded. I turned around to go inside but he was still standing there. He looked amused. "What happened?" I asked. "If you don't mind, may I have my jacket back, please?" He said. "Oh!" I exclaimed but he came closer to me and covered my mouth. "Shh...everyone is sleeping," he said. I looked up at him and stared into his eyes. He stepped back and I returned his jacket to him. "Bye," I said. He smiled at me and I went inside. "Only bye and good night? No kiss?" Roopaji said laying on her bed with her eyes closed. "You're awake?" I asked feeling embarrassed by her question. She chuckled and said, "Go to sleep." I laid on my bed and looked at the ceiling. Sidharth's story and the few moments I spent with him replayed in my head as I closed my eyes and went to sleep, feeling peaceful. The next morning, I was woken up by Roopaji's alarm clock and surprisingly, I wasn't annoyed by it. "Sana, wake up," she said. I woke up with a smile saying, "Good morning." "Come, let's go," she said, "Today we are going to walk." I sat on my bed and opened my suitcase filled with shoes. Luckily, I had a pair of sport shoes because we were also planning hiking in Bali. I wore them and wore a hoodie. I left the room with her and met everyone else outside. Sharad looked at me and asked, "Are you alright to walk so long?" "Yes I am," I said smiling. "Ok, let's go. We just have to wait for..." he said and Sidharth came in saying, "I'm here."