Twenty - Darrin

I couldn't sleep and judging by the amount of flopping Roxy was doing, she couldn't either. I'd almost fucked up. I'd been about to cross a line in the closet. She'd just smelled so good, and she'd been too cute watching the blender swirling around. I doubted she realized, but she'd been attempting to swirl her hips with the beat of the blender. It'd been sexy as fuck. So yes, the second I got her alone in the closet I took advantage, but then I freaked out when we were almost caught. I'd been lying awake, hugging the edge of the bed since.

Roxy flipped over again and her foot grazed mine. She gasped and flopped back to her back. Suddenly she said, "Why did you have to touch me like that?"

"I'm sorry." I said, but I really wasn't. I wasn't sorry at all and that was a problem.

As if hearing my thoughts, she accused, "You're not really sorry, are you?"

"No."

She choked on a laugh, "What the hell am I supposed to do with that information?"

"Do you know what I think?" I turned on my side, propped up on my elbow, facing her. She turned and did the same. Only about a foot separated us now.

"I'm afraid to ask what's in that head of yours."

I smirked, "At least you didn't make some smartass remark about me not having the ability to think."

"Don't tempt me."

I laughed, "Fine. I think we need to just kiss and get it over with. That way we won't wonder anymore. Think about it. It's you and me. No way in hell will it be a good kiss. It'll suck and then we can go back to hating each other like normal."

Her eyes went big, "You...you want to kiss me?"

"You want to kiss me too." I insisted and added, "That's why you were shaking in that closet. You said it yourself, you weren't cold."

She was quiet for so long I was beginning to think she wasn't going to answer. Finally, she relented, "Fine, so we kiss and then go back to normal?"

I nodded, "That's the plan." It was a stupid plan. Possibly the dumbest I'd ever come up with, honestly. I was going to do it anyway.

Slowly, as if approaching a wounded or scared animal, I inched my way to her side of the bed, so only an inch separated us. She didn't jump out of bed and run from me, so I was taking that as a good sign. I reached up and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, before cupping her face, and slowly...achingly slow...put my lips to hers. It was a gentle kiss. Not at all what I was used to. I wanted to deepen and take possession of her mouth, but I wanted to take my time with Roxy. That was new to me too. Usually, I only had the end goal in mind and be damned anything that got in my way. I didn't normally waste my time with kisses sweet enough to melt.

She made the cutest little whimper and put her hand on my waist, applying pressure as if to pull me closer. I was tempted. Hell, I was more than tempted, but this plan was backfiring, exactly like I knew it would. Now that I'd tasted her, I wanted all of her. The problem still stood, however, that she was a relationship type of girl, and I was definitely not a relationship type of guy. Roxy wasn't just some girl I could bang and walk away from. She would forever be a part of my life, being best friends with my sister. I had to stop, and I had to pretend like that kiss didn't rock my entire world.

So, I slowly pulled back. I almost dove back in for another taste when I got a good look at her face. She looked bemused and hungry for more. Fuck! I shook my head and moved back, rolling until I could get out of bed. I said, without looking at her, "Well, that's done. Now, we can move on, right? I've got to take a piss."

I hid in the bathroom, like a little Bitch. Fuck! Kissing Roxanne Blankley was heaven on earth. I normally didn't give a fuck about kissing. To me, kissing had always just been a means to an end that I even bypassed if I could pull it off, but kissing Roxy was like something I'd never experienced before. She tasted like sin, and I wanted more. I couldn't have more, though. I could not have sex with Roxy. Sure, it'd be a good time. I knew that much, but I couldn't allow myself to indulge. She would hate me when I couldn't offer her more. My sister would hate me, which would inevitably put a wedge between Hunter and me. I had to think about the good of the group and stay out of Roxy's pants.

With a sigh, I flushed the toilet I didn't use and then headed back out. Roxy was too quiet to be asleep, but I made a show of being quiet so she would assume I thought she was sleeping. I was being a fucking coward, but I didn't know what else to do. I had to put some distance between us, or I wouldn't be able to resist her. I quietly crawled beneath the covers and hugged the edge of the bed, leaving as much space between us as I could. It was a long night and judging by the amount of flip-flopping Roxy did, she struggled too.