Et Hoc Pœnitet

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! I hope you're doing well today! I've decided to spoil you all because I love you so very much, and so I have worked extra diligently on this next update. Here is a very long chapter, and I hope you enjoy it! -K 🖤]

[🌌This chapter is extremely long, contains slight swearing, sexual insinuations, severe angst, and dangerous situations.🌌]
***
I relaxed my head against the leathered portion of the co-pilot chair behind me and gazed outside of the glass canopy in both astonishment and amazement. Poe and I had just departed from Cor-Al, and thankfully this time, I didn't succumb to the aching and terrorizing pressure of ascending into the outer reaches of the atmosphere.

Rather, I was fortunate enough to remain conscious and in admiration of the galaxy just beyond the paned glass of the ship that Poe was flying quite skillfully. Cor-Al was disappearing behind us as distant and unfamiliar planets came into view.

Although most of the stars were still an eternity away, there were still moons and suns that guided our way through the cosmos, the luminosity filling the interior of the otherwise shadowed ship. Only the ruby-blinking lights from the control panel offered any light into the ship itself.

"How are you doing back there, sweetheart?" Poe's baritone voice questioned from the captain's chair into his receiver that then played through my helmet as I gently swung my feet above the flooring. I hummed in my seat as I held onto the straps that were stretched across my chest.

"I'm doing good!" I responded into my own receiver, adjusting my helmet and smiling in his direction, which he couldn't exactly see from his position facing away from me. "Even my wrist feels better, Poe." I continued, now able to bend and flex my bruised wrist farther than what I was permitted previously. It was still sore and difficult to fully extend, but it was rapidly improving.

"I'm so glad, Princess." Poe sent a grin towards me, "But when I get you to the Resistance base, I still want you to get it looked at, okay?" He suggested, flipping switches and reaching over his head to press illuminated buttons.

I massaged my wrapped wrist and nodded in response, but then audibly agreed with his strong assertion. He continued to direct the ship and interact with the control board which was more than bewildering to me. How could he possibly remember the usages and properties of every unlabeled switch and lever? I desired to understand what they meant as well. "Poe?"

Without turning around or missing a button, "Mhm?" Poe mumbled, undeniably focused on the various planets that were nearing through the glass windshield. He was multitasking and reading several screened displays while also paying close attention to the blinking boards surrounding him.

"I want to learn how to ride, Poe. I'd like for you to teach me how to ride, please. And how to hold your stick." I admitted, tilting my head to further examine what exactly he was doing while hurriedly pressing and turning knobs on opposite sides of the control panel.

Poe suddenly coughed and grabbed at his chest as he struggled to breathe. Were my words offensive? "W-What?!" He loudly inquired, pressing a large button and turning around to face me in his Captain's chair with pure shock written on his concerned and blushing face. His eyes were unbelievably wide and his lips were parted as if he didn't understand what I was insinuating.

I cleared my throat and placed my hands onto my lap. "I apologize if I startled or...offended you with my request. But I said that I would like you to teach me how to ride and how to properly hold your stick, Poe. Please." I repeated, noticing how his hand stressfully raked through his curled hair. He gulped and pulled his collar away from his neck, breathing harshly.

My countenance fell as I realized that he most likely didn't want to teach me, nor waste his time in showing me how to properly and correctly do what I wished.