Chapter 10

Rodney POV

one week later...

I've been avoiding Asia all week. She's been trying to apologize but I always cut her off.

I'm not falling for her again.

I walked out of the last class of the day and took a deep breath

"Finally" I said to myself right before someone bumped into me .

"My bad" David apologized to me.

I just stared at my books which dropped on the floor.

He quickly picked them up then handed them to me

"Thanks..." I said slowly

"Look I know we haven't been on best terms.. but I was just jealous because I thought you were into my girl.  But now that I know you don't give a fuck about her... I was thinking we could be friends"

"Uhhh... " I didn't know how to respond... I hated this dude regardless if he was Asia's Boyfriend or not... But I might as well be friends with him to get on Asia's nerves "That's cool"

"Alright, there's a party later tonight at 7.. You trynna go?" He asked.

I thought about if I had to work today. But realized since my dad was in jail there wasn't anything to sell anyway.

"I don't have nothin else to do"

"Aight , I'll text you the addy " He said.

"How you got my number" I questioned.

"From Asia's phone, just in case you were some psycho I could trace your phone" He laughed.

I laughed too, but I didn't find it funny

"Aight I'll see you later" He said then walked away.

I walked to the store to buy a new white tee to wear tonight.

When I walked in I said hey to some of the guys that were in there then went to the fridge and grabbed anArizona and started to drink it

"Wassup lil man" A deep voice called.

I turned seeing who it was, and rolled my eyes

"Your father told me to check on you... make sure you're doing what you need to do" It was the guy that bothered me that night when I was working. 

"You again? Why the hell he sent your punk ass" I waited for him to respond, then just started talking again before he could respond. "Actually, Tell him to mind his damn business, and you do the same" I shoulder bumped him forcefully and continued walking.

"You got some nerve lil nigga" He said then walked out the store.

I paid for my stuff then walked home quickly .

"Damn , it got on my new shirt" I cursed to myself. . "why is my life always getting messed up"

....

2 Hours Later...

I arrived at the party around 7:46

I didn't want to be too early or too late so waited a while before finally walked inside.

Inside there were about 50 people already crowding the living room that was made for a family of 20.

Since I didn't have anyone to talk to I whipped out my phone and started scrolling through my instagram.

"Hey cutie"

"Huh?" I asked looking at my phone.

There she was, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She had coco brown skin and hazel\green eyes.