Chapter 2 : Proper housing

Start from the beginning

But when we were going around the small town, a lot of pokemon were arguing with each other, while a Ducklett and Roggenrola were fighting with each other. "Boros, what's going on here?" I asked. "Hmm...things a bit mmm...on the stone's edge hmmm...nowadays hmmm...? From mmm...what I hmmm...hear mmm....it seems like everymon's hmmm...nerves are a bit mmm...strained, some mons think mmm...it might be because of hmmm...the spread of mystery dungeons hmmm...? But nobody can say mmm....for sure hmmm...?" Boros replied with something that seemed like a frown.

"But why didn't anymon step in and try to stop their fights or arguments?" Icy asked. "Guess they only think of themselves, just like in the h-I mean...they might not want to risk getting involved in the fight" Randy muttered. "Hmm...there's no trust between mmm....pokemon anymore hmmm...everymon just think of themselves hmm...? The world is getting hmm...darker these days mmm...? I wish it weren't hmmm...like that, but never mind that hmmm...? You needed an mmm...carpenter hmmm...? You can hmmm....check out the town while I mmm...go to drink some water hmmm...?" Boros said and slowly walked away.

I rushed towards the Kecleon supermarket right away while Icy and Randy tried to keep up with me. "Mr.Kecleon, may I ask if there are any gummies here?" I asked. "Sorry to tell you, Shinx. But one of the customers bought all of the gummies earlier" the Kecleon replied, then I felt some tears started to form in my eyes.

"Are there no gummies? None left? My friend here really likes those" Icy asked the Kecleon. "Nope, the last customer bought all of them right away after we restocked half an hour ago" the Kecleon replied. "Oh...I thought that there might be some left here...but...guess I expected too much" Icy muttered and used Baby Doll Eyes at the Kecleon, I was sad but it was really hard for me to hold my laughter after seeing the expression on the Kecleon's face.

"W-we're really out of stock! I-I'm telling the truth! Young lady, please don't cry!" the Kecleon blurted out with a panicked expression. "So...uh...what's going on here?" Randy asked with a small voice. "Sniff...let's go...sniffle...there aren't any gummies left" I replied while sobbing and padded out.

"Is she always like that?" Randy asked. "Shh...yeah...she loves gummies" Icy replied. "It's not my fault that I love gummies that much!" I exclaimed while they stared at me. "Both Blossom and her son Matthias love gummies" Icy explained, but for some reason, Randy didn't seem surprised. "Wait...you aren't surprised?" Icy asked. "Isn't it pretty usual for pokemon at her age to have kids?" Randy asked back, now he was the one being stared at.

"What if I told you that her son is a Manaphy?" Icy asked, and now Randy did seem a little surprised. "Ok, what?" he asked. "Picked up his egg on the beach and then he hatched" I replied. "Not the first time it's happened, guess Kyogre has some child abandoning issues" Randy muttered.

Boros was waiting for us outside when we got out of the market. "Hmmm...did you mmm...have a good time hmmm...shopping?" he asked. "NO!" I exclaimed, then my two friends laughed. "Mm-hmmm....sorry to hear that mmm...? I'm hmmm...here to tell you mmm...the carpenters are hmmm....waiting for you in mmm...Swanya's Inn hmmm...they should be mmm...two Timburrs hmmm...? Good luck mmm...with that hmmm...?" Boros said and walked away.

"Hey there, so you're the ones Boros was talking about right?" a Timburr asked when we entered the inn, he seemed to be near my age. "Yeah, we'd like to build ourselves a house" Icy replied, then I saw a Swanna at a counter behind them. "Is that your boss?" I asked, followed by a few seconds of silence, then the two Timburrs and the Swanna burst out laughing. "What's wrong? Did I ask anything I wasn't supposed to?" I asked. (yeah, in-game reference)

"Sorry for laughing..." the Timburr on the right calmed down after a few seconds and apologized. "Sorry to tell you, she's not our boss. That's Swanya the Swanna, she owns the inn, and let us introduce ourselves" the Timburr on the left explained. "We're the Timburr twins that work for our boss, I'm Tim, and he's Timm," said the one on the right.