Stupid reasons

“She was having trouble adjusting to U.A. so I was helping her. We fell asleep.” I scratched the back of my neck.

“Not buying it.” She was firmly planted where she stood and it was clear that she would sooner dissolve me than let me pass.

“Look I was comforting her, but it’s not my place to tell what.” I sighed and pushed her out of the way. “Now move it.”

Y/n pov

Bakugou hadn’t even come down the stairs to try and follow me and I felt my heart sink. I guess my sense of humor doesn’t match his, I’ll have to figure out what does.

I started to walk back to my room expecting Bakugou to have already gone back to his. I looked down at my phone while turning the corner and ended up walking right into someone. “I’m so sorry…”

I was cut off by hands around my waist. “Caught you.”

I looked up at Bakugou. “Oh darn.”

“What’s wrong kitty?” He pushed some hair out of my face as I looked away from him.

“Nothing, I’m fine Bakugou.” I saw him cringe at the use of his last name. “Oh by the way, you have to go down to the studio later so they can measure you and get a feel for how and what to have you model.
“Fine.” He rolled his eyes and I started walking back to my room. He was walking behind me but I figured it was just because he had to go the same way to get to his room but then he passed me when we got to my hallway and he stopped in front of me.

I tried to walk around him but he grabbed my shoulders and moved me back in front of him. “What?”

“What’s up with you? One minute you’re teasing me and happy and then you’re all mopey.” He scoffed at the end.

“Nothing, I said I’m fine Bakugou.” I ducked out of his grip and went back to my room, ignoring him.

He followed me into my room but I continued to pretend like he wasn’t there. “Something is obviously up, your tail is between your legs and your ears are droopy.”

“You know you should get ready to go, we’ll have to leave soon.” I changed the subject.

“You’re coming too?” Thank god he took the bait.

“Yeah, you don’t know anything about my industry. You’re too careless.” That seemed to have hit a nerve.

“CARELESS? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?” He grabbed the front of my shirt to lift me onto my toes as he scowled at me.

I brought out my claws and dug them into his hand as I removed it from my shirt slowly. He tried not to flinch as blood started dripping from his hand. “Did you actually read all of the contract you signed? You have no idea how much you would have agreed to! This type of thing can ruin your hero career if you don’t do it right! For all you know you could’ve agreed to full nudity with your name and face in the pictures. It may be just an easy way to make some cash for you, but this industry can damage one's entire life. No hero agency will take you seriously if you let your name get out there. Your face may be recognizable but it’s still not a legally binding thing because twins and look alikes exist. But I have known way too many models who are now stuck because nowhere else takes them seriously anymore!” I had started to cry as I yelled at him.

“I did read the stupid thing. I get to keep my name and information out of the public eye and can say no to anything I find to be too extreme.” He crossed his arms and turned away from me. “I may be impulsive but I’m not a complete dumbass!”

“D-damn.” I laughed. “I’m their best model and even I don’t have much say. Guess you don’t need me there then. But you do want to leave soon, you don’t want to be late.”

“Hold on, that’s not what I…” I pushed him out the door before he could finish. Once it was locked I immediately broke down in tears.

Bakugou pov

I heard the door lock and I rested my forehead on it in frustration. “Damit.” I then heard what sounded like something sliding down the door before quiet sobs could be heard when I pressed my ear to the door. “Damit Y/n.” I mumbled before walking off to the studio.

“Hey Bakugou, Y/, wait, where's L/n?” Hawks asked from above.

“Tch, in her dorm, probably still crying.” I rolled my eyes and forced a laugh.

Hawks then landed in front of me and used his wings to block my path. “Why?”

Damn, I didn’t know he could take anything seriously. “Protective much?”

“Bakugou.” He glared at me.

“Why do you care anyway? You do realize she’s a minor right? No matter what you see in that magazine, you’re too old for her.” I glared right back.

His face went pink. “That is not why I care about her. I will admit to having seen the magazine, but… Look, you have no idea what she’s been through and the things I’ve saved her from.”

“Perverts on the street right? I think I’ve got an idea.” I tried to find a way past his wings.

“More than that. But it’s not my place to say what, but I ask you again. Why was Y/n crying?” A few of his feathers turned to me like blades, daring me to dodge the subject again.

“I dunno, probably some stupid girl reason.” His feathers got closer. “Look I really don’t know, she was fine one minute then Mina stopped me from going after her and… oh.” He raised his eyebrows at me. “She probably thought I didn’t actually go after her at first, fucking raccon eyes. It doesn’t matter, I'll talk to her when I get back.” I shoved Hawks out of the way.

A/N: I know Dadzawa is usually the person that gets protective over Y/n in fanfics, but for some reason I really wanted it to be hawks. Idrk, I never stick to the original plot, this will probably end way differently than how I'm imagining it now.