Don't cry

Y/n pov

I know I shouldn’t have brought them with me considering I wanted to keep my job a secret. But I don’t know the area, and walking around late at night by herself isn’t smart even for girls that aren’t recognized from a magazine like fuckboy. Plus now Bakugou is working with me! It’ll be nice to work with someone I go to school with, he’ll be able to help me balance work and school and now I’ll have someone to talk to.

“Hey Y/n.” Midoriya asked me.

“Yeah?” I looked up at him. He was squinting to see me in the dark, but I could see him just fine.

“Why’d you take us with you? I mean you seemed like you wanted to keep this to yourself.”

“I’m not going to lie, protection mostly. I don’t know the area and even if I am training to be a hero, well…”

“She’s had a couple close calls. I told her no more walking alone at night. Good to see she’s finally listening.” We heard a voice from above.

“Hey Hawks.” I looked up, lowering my hoodie.

“Hey n/n. Midoriya, Bakugou.” He nodded toward my company.

“Hawks.” Bakugou grumbled.

“Wait, how do you two know each other?” Midoriya asked Hawks.

“Dumbass, he just said it.” Bakugou rolled his eyes.

“I’ve saved her a couple of times when she was being an idiot.” Midoriya looked confused. “She walked by herself, at night, not smart for a girl. No offense.”

I rolled my eyes. “I took these two with me this time so shut up.”

“You better take one with you next time too.” Hawks crossed his arms.

“Yeah yeah.” I started walking.

“I’m serious L/n. I won’t always be there.” Hawks grabbed my arm.

“Oh my god, Bakugou will be coming with me from now on so will you just drop it!” I yelled. He looked shocked.

“You need time to cool off,” He looked at Bakugou and Midoriya, “Good luck with her.” And he took off.

“Y/n, why did you get so mad at Hawks?” Midoriya asked me as we started to walk again.

“It’s nothing Midoriya, forget about it ok?” I said, fighting back tears.

“Ok.” We had reached the entrance of the dorms and I went back to my room, Midoriya and Bakugou stayed in the common room.

I sat down on my bed and allowed the tears to start falling. The only problem, they wouldn’t come. The only thing worse than crying when you’re trying your hardest not to, is not being able to when you really need to.

I laid down on my covers, kicking my shoes off but not removing any of my clothes. I stared up at my ceiling and let everything wash over me. It’s a habit at this point, part of my routine. Laying in my bed, thinking about everything I’ve done wrong as I cry myself to sleep. Our interaction with Hawks the first thing that comes to mind.

I can’t believe I almost cried in front of those two. I hate being thought of as weak, but that’s no reason to cry. I thought about my parents. They have always thought of me as weak. All I was good for was my body at this point, and even that they don’t like. They always tell me how they can’t believe I was this popular as a model. They told me I was too weak to be a hero, and Hawks is just confirming that. But they were perfectly happy to let me live in dorms, away from home. So they don’t have to deal with me. My mom not coming to say goodbye was her way of making that perfectly clear. No matter what I do I’m always a disappointment to those two.

The tears started to flow and I got the sweet release it brought with it. Finally getting to release all the stress from the day, let everything I bottle up come out. This is probably my favorite part of the day.

I fell asleep as I continued to cry.

Bakugou pov

I stayed in the common room for a bit but shitty hair kept asking me about where I went and I didn’t feel like answering so I went to my dorm, passing Y/n’s on the way. It was strangely quiet. She can’t be asleep already, can she? I put my hand on the door handle and twisted it, revealing that it was unlocked. I looked around, and saw nobody. I poked my head in. Instantly regretting it. I saw her, laying on her bed, eyes closed, with tears staining her beautiful face. “Shit” I mumbled.

I walked into her room, closing the door behind me. I saw a blanket at the foot of her bed and placed it over her lightly. I grabbed a tissue and whipped off her tear stains. Her eyes lightly fluttered open. “Tch.”
I turned around and walked to the door, turning off the lights and opening the door to leave.

“Bakugou?” Her voice was so quiet, not even a whisper. It was so cute.

“What?” I growled, embarrassed from being caught, not turning around.

The light turned back on, meaning she got up and was now standing right behind me. “Why are you here?”

“I came to see if you wanted to come socialize for a bit with the rest of the class.” I quickly lied. “You didn’t respond when I knocked so I peeked my head in and saw you like that.”

She lightly touched my arm, retracting her hand at first, but then lightly rested it on my upper arm. She lightly pulled on it, signaling for me to turn around to face her. I did and we were only an inch a part. I wasn’t much taller than her, but that 2 ¼ inch was becoming very prominent. She tilted her head straight up to look at me. “Please.” She whispered. “Don’t tell anyone you saw me cry.”

“Of course not.” I closed the door. “But you have to tell me why you were.”

She looked down, her ears flattened against her head and tail tucked between her legs. “Alright.” She walked to her bed and motioned for me to sit next to her when she sat down.