Nether encounter

POV Charlie 

"You're awake!" Meeps said. "Ah was gettin' so bored, Ah almost shoved you into the lava."

I groaned. "How long?" talking hurt, my chest was still burning. 

"A month," Meeps answered. 

"Really?" I asked.

 "No fella," Meeps said, not noticing her accent was slipping. "Ah was only jokin'."

El shook her head disappointed.

"Meeps? You have an accent?" I asked 

"Ah ain't got no ack-cent!" Meeps protested.

El looked at Meeps and just shook her head more

"Ummm, Meeps, you do, but that's not what's important, I'm just happy to see yo....ouch," I put my hand on my chest. "That's going to hurt for a while," 

"Ah ain't don't got no gosh-durned ack-cent!" Meeps tried protesting once more.

I laughed slightly, but it also caused me some pain. "Okay Meeps, okay, Ummm El, can we have a moment?" I asked.

El nodded. "I'll make sure we're safe," she said walking away, I followed for a moment. 

"What happened? did you two follow me or...." 

"We followed, no way in the nether I was gonna leave you in the nether, same for the kid over there," El said. 

"notice anything why you've been here?" I asked. 

"Zombies, lots of them, fighting the pigmen, some no nether king is ruling and everything is all over the place," El explained 

"I'm gonna head back, talk with Meeps," I said.

El nodded. "I'll keep up my search," 

I walked back. "Meeps....is a sleep," I said. I thought for a moment, I imagine it went something like this.

Meeps looked over.

"What in Sam Hill are they talkin' about?" She asked herself. "Hm, it's probably nothin'." She yawned. "Goodness gracious, Ah'm plum tuckered out. Ah'm gonna just take a few minute nap."

With that, she curled up and dozed off.

I could be wrong but it's a good guess. 

I looked at the bandage over my wound. "Wonder who done that?" He asked before doing his coat back up. 

"I'm awake," Meeps said, now hiding her country accent. "You're very noisy when it comes to walking."

"Oh sorry, didn't want to wake you," I said. "El mentioned that the nether seems to be fighting a whole bunch of zombies, you don't think Crystal's here do you?"

"I'm an extremely light sleeper and I have sensitive ears," Meeps said. "And perhaps."

"So...I'm sorry, I shouldn't of let you come," I said. "If I hadn't you might not be stuck in the nether with me," 

"Oh come on!" Meeps said. "Didn't someone just give you a speech about not being too hard on yourself? Besides, I wanted to go."

'huh? how did she know about that?' I wondered. 

"I'm not being hard on myself, I'm worried about you, I know seeing what happened with Crystal has affected you, and then watching Lilith stab me, I don't want you to blame yourself," I said

"Charlie, I'm seventeen," she said. "I'm going to be turning eighteen, and then... I can make my own choices. In a year, I'll be wild and free, rollin' around these villages like tumbleweeds."