aftermath

POV Lyria

I was alone, Hilda was busy organising the troop, and Azura was still gone, Dexter was...the image of Dexter attacking me, I felt so bad my sister....she's gone again, just after getting her back. some reason I didn't blame Crystal, I know something is wrong with her, she was my friend after. 

Charlie, on the other hand, I had a small ball of hate towards and I'm not sure why, after all, he has been nothing but nice, from teaching me things I didn't think I would ever know, saving Dex and even putting his life on the line to protect me. I don't why I hate him right now, maybe I'm placing guilty.

I felt as if there was no one to talk to about my problems right now, I watched as Gweondly brought Lucas, Elisabeth, Razer, Meeps and Wolf back, Lucas and Wolf needed medical attention, and Meeps was looking sad, very sad, as was Gwendoly. Razer was like a closed book to me. 

I left them to their own devices, and went to the roof setting with my legs dangling off the side, me and Dexter would come up here all the time and just get lost in watching the world. Then I saw it flying back at full speed, the flagship. 

Patrick and his team attempt to kill Crystal. my wings came to life and I flow up to the airship as it was coming into land. "Lyria great timing we need your help," Daryll said. 

Patrick was lying out, his armour burned and bits of it burning into his arm, next to him was Ceris, she was bad her chest barely moving up and down. Azura was cradling Charlene what was something at least. 

"Lyria, take Charlene for me, look after her until I've finished helping everyone," Azura said. I nodded and took Charlene from Azura, my wings came to life and I went down. I took Charlene to my room. 

someone knocked on the door, and I opened it. Shizuku was there, "Can I come in?" Shizuku asked. she was angry and upset at something.

"Sure Shizuku," I answered, Moving so she could walk. "Are you okay?" I asked. 

Shizuku shook her head, "No me and Sheila had another argument," Shizuku answered. "she would of grounded me...If I had my own room here to be ground in, why do I have to share a room with Sheila and Alex?" 

"Well, most of the flats in dreadfort aren't in a livable condition right now, and the Grandmaster likes to keep as much space open as possible, never know when someone's kingdom gets blown up and there have to come here," I answered 

"I don't understand why Shelia won't let me out there to help! I can look after myself, I can fight but she wouldn't let me prove myself, I want to go and help with Crystal," Shizuku explained. 

"Dex doesn't like it when I strap my wings on, and go the out, the only reason she lets me is Hilda," I explained.

"it's different. Lyria, Sheila only sees people's value if they can fight, she won't let me fight, so I can't prove myself to her," Shizuku explained. 

I shook my head. "She must find Charlie the most useless person here," I joked....it wasn't a very good joke. I rubbed the back of my neck. "Shizuku I wish there was a way a could help, but I really don't know, how," I answered. 

"I wasn't even 10 when I arrived here in Frostbourne, me and Dex, on our own, no one looking out for us, another 4 years of us living on the streets, living on the edge each day, no one to help us, please Shizuku above all else please love your family, I lost Dex for a year, and now...and now I've lost her again, please don't ever take your sister for granted," I said. 

Shizuku looked at me. "Do you think he'll be okay?" She asked. 

"Charlie? I...I hope so, he's come back from worse," I answered. "he still has a lot to teach me," 

"I have learned a lot from him, but something tells me I haven't seen him at his best," Shizuku answered. 

I rocked the baby I was still holding. "I...I...I really hope he gets better, Charlie is a bright mind and a nice person, and it's not nice seeing him now,"  I answered. 

"I hope he doesn't," me and Shizuku turned to see Lilith standing there, dressed in a purple cloak and holding her dagger in her hands. "Hello children," she said. 

Shizuku summoned water around her and sent it at Lilith, she raised her hand, a blue glow and the water froze, but in the same way, things normal freeze when Lilith uses her powers, Shizuku was frozen but her eyes still moved. 

and Lilith crushed her hand slightly, and Shizuku screamed in pain. "Elermainatal manipulation, the controller taught me it, that's the downside to her being made of water, I can make her feel incredible pain, in fact," she crushed her hand more and Shizuku screamed even louder. it was clear she wanted to fall down from the pain. 

"Stop it you're hurting her!" I yelled, Lilith rolled her eyes. 

"That's the point, you idiot, I'm not here to kill anyone but if I want to," Lilith raised her other hand a red light shinning over her dagger and she touched it to the water, the red glow spread to the water stopping just shy of Shizuku's body. turning the water to dust. "Now listen, Soon I will be coming for my brother, I fully intend to end him, I want you to warn your friends that if there stand in my way, I will kill them too," she placed her dagger on her belt. "goodbye for now," she disappeared into the air. 

Shizuku fell to the floor and I put Charlene on the couch and dropped to the floor next to Shizuku, she had passed out, possibly from the pain. If Lilith could do that can we protect Charlie from her