𝟒 - ★

✧・゚: *✧ ✧・゚: *✧EVIE LIN

✧・゚: *✧ ✧・゚: *✧
EVIE LIN

"But Stan, I think my life could really be looking up right about now. Listen, let's look at a few facts, hm?" I'm trying to explain, but poor Stanley is having none of it.

He smiles that polite grandad type smile at a little girl while handing her an ice cream, then gestures for me to continue. "As you were saying."

"So, I have my own house, rent free, I'm living by the beach and I'm getting paid for being the main lead in a movie!" Except that last part...yeah, I'm not excited about that.

But I've committed now, I told my parents and begged them to just believe in me, I moved across the country and I have no money, so optimism is the only way I should be living right now.

Despite the genuine urge to switch to pessimistic Evie, for now, I'll be happy Evie.

"I'm sure it will be great, you'll do great, everything will be fine." Stanley finally responds, giving me a nod of approval as I finish off the ice cream he gave me.

Ever since...well, yesterday, all i've eaten is ice cream, non stop. Always one scoop, but it's still eating, even with small quantities, it counts.

Plus, I have a friend, Stanley, but Stan for short because I like nicknames, hence the 'Stan' instead of Stanley, and the 'Mason-jar/sunny' instead of Mason.

It's the anger on their face when I deliver said nickname, that brings a different kind of joy into my life.

"So, Stanley. What do you think-?" I get cut off from my question when Mason and Arthur start talking to an unfamiliar voice in the house. No filming crew or assistance has arrived yet, so I wondered who it could be.

Arthur, me, Mason, and Arthur's grandma. Who's a righteous old bitch, but as I previously told myself, happy Evie, not negative Evie.

Stanley winks at me as I hop off the stool and walk back up the beach and towards the house. The little white gate creaks when I open it and look through the window in the kitchen.

A tall girl, wearing a flowery skirt and many bangles up her arms is hugging Arthur. She's got long curly hair and dark skin that compliments her brighter eyes.

I smile at the glistening pool as I pass it and wince when my foot on the patio creaks, just like the gate but only ten times worse. By the time I've recovered, the girls eyes are on me.

In all senses of the world, she's beautiful. I'm mildly attracted to her in a girl crush type way, and as she strides over to me in one step with her long legs, instantly enveloping me in a warm hug, I can smell the citrus, fruity type of perfume.