Kendall's Pov (55)

Start from the beginning

I look down at my phone and for the hundredth time dial Landon's number but it goes straight to voicemail.

"Guys guess what?" Lisa says after looking through her phone.

Our eyes and ears open in anticipation. 

"Landon Brookes and Jessica Caurie are over! Terri just texted me" she laughs.

"What?... Is that even legit?" Electra asks in fake concern.

"That's not true. They had issues before but they're good" I defend.

"Says who? Terri never lies about stuff he either doesn't say if he's unsure. This one's legit." She maintains.

"Did he tell you why they did it?"

"No but I'm sure Jess has once more shown how slutty she can be!" Lisa giggles alongside Electra.

"I can't believe she was about to take up that challenge with Philip that night right in front of her boyfriend?" Lisa snicker.

"She was drunk Lisa it's not her fault" I say in defense.

"Oh it's my fault then?... Stupid wannabe girl from a stupid Hamlet"

"I've never really liked her as well. She was never gonna be good for Brookes" Electra confesses, I turn to her in shock. Recalling how she'd suck up to Jess those days.

"I'd forever ship Landon and Meredith. That sweet charming girl from a lower class. It didn't end well cos she had to leave the country" Electra says in a wistful way.

"The hell?! No, I felt Landon stooped so low. Yes she's pretty and elegant but she's not his level. Yvonne Novald was the best girlfriend he ever had. They were power couple like Hova and Bey" Lisa interjects.

"Damn girl that's the truth!!!" Electra claps her hands with Lisa's.

I shake my head in resignation. These girls don't do anything but shred people to pieces behind their backs.

"That's why she's so miserable now, she can't believe Crème Delarius and Einstein Hat are living the life she's always wanted. Plus her friends keep betraying her" Lisa adds with a smirk.

My eyes turn to the entrance to see Jessica at the doorway searching for someone with her eyes. She looks like she's been crying, the mascara teary eyes made her look like a haunted house.

Suddenly she's moving towards me in haste. My instincts are to dodge under the table but I haven't done anything wrong for her to confront me.

She stops before me and pauses.

"You slut!" She starts erupting a wild murmur from the audience.

I stand to face her in confusion. "What's this about again Jess?" I whisper, not wanting people to hear us bicker.
But Jess truly wants drama.

"You kissed Landon right?! You kissed my boyfriend behind my back. It's you... You've always been the reason we've been having issues upon issues K, deny it?!!!" She challenges moving closer to me.

Electra tries to calm her down but she brushes her off.

"Don't touch me!!!" She booms and everyone steps back.

"I_said do you deny it K? Huh? You wanna try? Or I should tell the whole school how you've been keeping secret diaries of your long time crush on my boyfriend?!!"

The side murmurs crescendos, I whisper to Jess to stop but she doesn't listen. She's fuming up.

"I didn't kiss him Jess he did_"

"Liar!!!" She cuts in.  "Everytime you lie and try to defend yourself. But I know what you are. Not only did you kiss him. Your boyfriend caught you making advances at Landon in the bathroom!... Deny it?"