"You'll always have me around to make your problems disappear." He said.

"I love knowing that." I backed up and looked into his bright eyes. "Knowing that you'll always be there."

"Always."

His eyes trailed down to my lips and flickered back up to my eyes. I felt such a pull in that moment. All I wanted was to feel his lips on mine. To feel the care and love that I was denied along with my mates rejection. I could feel a straining pull of my heart that called to Lash, but I had become rather good at ignoring it. All I wanted was to feel like I could make someone else happy. I slowly leaned forward as did Hunter who placed on hand on my chin pulling me closer. I smiled. I could feel his heavy breath fan my face and it tasted delicious. Our lips were just about to meet when a Howl was heard from miles away. Loud and strong and the pull to howl back only meant one thing. Lash. Kill joy.

'Lash Pack meeting! All pack members are to meet your Alpha's in front of the pack house balcony as usual. That is all.' That's was Lash's Alpha voice going through ever Lash Pack members mind at once. Both Hunter and me growled in anger when at the interruption. Soon there were howls being heard all over the territory.

'Way to kill the moment, son.' Avery growled.

I cleared my throat again and turning my head away I shuffled my foot awkwardly. "Well I guess we had better go." I shrugged. "Alpha's orders."

"I hate pack life." Hunter growled before walking behind a tree to shift. Most likely he stripped and left clothes there for another time. I smiled thinking about all the pairs of clothes most likely all over the territory. For any wolf. Soon Hunter's midnight black wolf appeared from behind the tree. He sat back on his haunches and howled out. He was notifying himself to his Alpha. Believe it or not but ever wolf had its own Howl. The Alpha knew each one. Whenever the Alpha called his wolves howl to let him know they are coming. I couldn't howl cause I couldn't shift. So I mind-linked.

'Yes Alpha.' I simply said.

Walking over to the huge wolf I quickly hopped up onto his back and settled down between his shoulders. "I think I'm definitely getting better at that." I said triumphantly. Hunter whined and shook his head. "Oh who asked you." I snapped before he took off towards the pack house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell happened to you?" Haven asked as she found me and Hunter at the edge of the huge crown of pack members gathering.

"It's a long story." I grumbled.

"No it's not." Hunter laughed. "She was riding on my back in wolf form and I jumped over a muddy spot and she didn't hang on!"

"YOU COULD HAVE WARNED ME!" I yelled.

"She fell off like a tumble weed and fell right into it." He burst out laughing again and held his stomach. "You should have seen her face!" I glared while Haven smirked. "And you said you were getting better at riding."

"Alright, enough." I looked down at my now damp and muddy clothes. "Ugh, Rose is NOT gonna have fun this laundry day. Where are the soon to be parents?" I asked.

"Well you may have a hard time finding both of them."

"What? They didn't make up!?"

"No they did... But then it went south." Haven sighed. "I am never having pups. Too complicated and too noisy."

"You ain't never gonna have pups.. Too ugly." Suddenly Ryder showed up and just couldn't help himself to bash Haven who snarled at him. "Now has anyone seen my soon to be mother; but surprisingly still pissed off; mate?"