|Chapter 6| I find that hard to believe pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"I'm taking that thing off." Annie got up from her seat stepped in front of me. "A-annie wait." Though Bertholdt's plead fell on deaf ears. "Woah, An-" I tried to intercept and grab her hand but dear kami had other plans, I successfully stopped her from taking the bandage off which made her lose her balance somehow until she fell on top of me, and me not having any balance since I was sitting caused us both to fall but I acted as a pillow for her. I opened eyes to that I had one leg of the bench and since it was elevated, causing my 'you know what' to rub against her leg but I hope she didn't notice.

Not that I have a problem with this, it's just I can't let my boy Bertholdt get hurt like this. "H-hey! A-annie!?" Bertholdt called out wanting to get her off of me but was too chicken shit to do anything.

Her eyes shot open as she immediately retracted and sat on my lap which again, wasn't a problem. She slowly inched her hand to her lips as a blush arose on her cheeks. I knew what was about to happen so I tried to stop beforehand but she already ran out the door, after an awkward silence I let out a long sigh continued to lay on the floor. "Women."

____

3rd 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫◍
▥𝙉𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚▤

"What's the trick to posture control? Hard to say, guess I got the gift. You just gotta feel it, you know? Though I just trying to figure out you're trick, you've screwed up every way imaginable." Ymir said mockingly towards Elen and Armin. Though that seemed to stress Elen out even more. "Please Ymir, you gotta help me. I'm begging you." Elen pleaded as she got closer to her. "That's funny, wasn't it yesterday when you said 'If you can't handle the pressure, you got to go'?" She sounded unsure of her own question. "Sorry, it's just Mina talks a lot and word spreads fast here."

Elen didn't hear the last part and started shaking with her breathing getting ragged. "No was it 'if you're a complete idiot, you got to leave'? Maybe something like that." Ymir finished off before walking back to her side of the room.

____

"Oh come on! I heard from everyone you're really good at it!" Elen exclaimed towards Annie who sat against the wall with her face in her lap. "Cmon Annie." "Sorry kid, but there isn't any special trick to just hanging there. Not to be harsh, but if it's advice you want, but I'm not really the person you should be talking to." Annie slowly said back while making brief eye contact with them.

"Alright alright." Elen exhaled but she hid her anger away. "Let's just hope it comes to you tomorrow." Armin somewhat comforted and got up. "Hold on, aren't the two of you originally from Shiganshina?" Annie questioned which made them sit back down. "Yeah, that's right." Armin answered. "Then you should know first hand how terrifying they are, why on earth would you want to be soldiers?"

Both Armin and Elen shared a look before Armin spoke up. "I didn't see the things Elen did, she saw their bloodlust before anyone realized how bad it was. And I, I knew I couldn't stand idly by as the Royal government forced the citizenry into the field. Territorial retrieval operation." "I see." Annie replied after processing the information.

"Well where are you from?" Armin asked wondering it for a while. "Oh I'm from a mountain village just southeast of Wall Maria." Annie answered though before they could reply she continued. "Which means unlike the more prosperous river towns, our village didn't receive word right away, the Titans were on us before we even knew what washappening. It happened at dawn, all the livestock were so restless and there were these rumblings that just became louder and louder. Eventually, I realized those rumblings were the sounds of death getting closer." "But wait, we saw you on the ship back when Wall Maria was breached and [Y\N] seemed to have known you since he called out to you. Are you two from the same village?" Armin questioned when she remembered back to what happened. Annie's widen a little when she heard [Y\N]'s name though she quickly composed herself.