Chapter Fourteen

I felt so tired. My limbs felt as heavy as lead. There was a throbbing pain in my neck that spread out to the rest of my body in waves.
I swallowed and felt relieved when that only hurt a little.

"Miss Granger?" a distorted voice reached my ears.

I wanted to reply- but I was so tired. Cool fingers brushed over my heated forehead, momentarily easing the pain. I sighed in relief and turned my head, trying to increase the contact to that person.
The hand on my forehead stilled for a moment.

"Miss Granger?"

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

A hand pressed into my back, forcing me into a seating position.

"Lemme sleep," I slurred, trying to open my eyes. I got a glimpse of Professor Snape bending over me, before my eyes fell back shut again.

"You need to stay awake so your body can fight off the venom."

Vampires inject a venom when they bite. It induces arousal and can remain in the victim's body for several hours, my brain began to recite.

I groaned and forced to open my eyes, although the movement caused a headache to explode in my brain. My eyes had troubles focusing on anything, they kept rolling around in my ahead.

Professor Snape placed his hands on my cheeks, holding my head in place as he peered into my eyes. The headache faded instantly.
"Can you hear me?" he said seriously.

I managed a weak nod.

"What did I say?"

"What did I say?" I repeated dazedly, having trouble pronouncing the words correctly. My eyes locked with the black eyes gazing into mine and I felt the fuzziness in my head clear.
My memories returned a moment after.

"Did it work?" I whispered, instinctively lifting a hand to my throat. Something had been wrapped around it.

Professor Snape inclined his head slightly. "Not as you had planned, but yes. Your presence is- easier to tolerate now."

I had to smile weakly. "That's good."

The wizard slowly let go of me and helped me sit back against soft pillows. I was in his living room once again, on the couch where I had woken up once before. The moment his hands left my skin, the throbbing continued.
I bent over with a gasp, feeling as if I had suddenly gotten a fever.

Professor Snape bent forward again, gently pressing me back. "Are you in pain?"

I nodded my head, then shook it as the ache in my body subsided.
"It helps," I said tiredly and my head lolled to the side against a pillow.

"What helps?" he questioned me.

"Touch," I mumbled softly, feeling my eyes slide shut.

Professor Snape remained silent, but his hands did not leave my shoulders.
"Your body is naturally reacting to the venom," he said finally, "it makes you want to return to the one who bit you."

Aha. I didn't give a shit. I just wanted to sleep. Preferably without the pain.

I heard Professor Snape sigh. "I apologize, for once again putting you through pain," he said quietly. His hands moved and slid under my body, slowly lifting me up. I barely registered that he kept me in his arms as he took a seat on the couch, so I was pressed against his back.
It felt soothing to be in his arms, and even if I would have had an exam to study for, I wouldn't have left.