Slipping away

Draco's POV

            I watched her walk away with Cedric after the stupid stunt Greengrass pulled. I couldn't help but wonder where she was going.
I don't know why I cared. We were civil with each other and that was enough. I shouldn't care about her,I haven't got a reason to. She's just like every other girl.

As I made my way back down to our common room I repeated it to myself. "I don't care about Y/n."

     I tried my hardest to push her to the back of my mind. Needless to say it did work. So I decided I would instead think about the things I hated about her. Childish I know but I'm not actually known for my bright ideas now am I?

I stretched out on the grey couch in front of the fire and focused on the topic at hand.

"What did I hate about Y/n?"

I hate that she surrounds herself with those stupid blood traitors and mud bloods.
Well that's not really something about her.

I hate her...... eyes. Yeah I hate those. I hate how they're always full of hope. And I hate that they're not afraid to look right back into mine. I hated the way her e/c eyes made me feel when they landed on me. How I couldn't even tell you what the feeling was because I don't even know what it is myself.

      I hated her stupid grin that was surprisingly similar to the smirk I wore. I hate how she keeps forgiving me.

     I hate how she could read my mind and tell that I was lying. Literally.I hate how she looks at Cedric and how he looks at her. And I hate that she probably hates me.

      But most importantly I hate the fact that if I said most of this out loud to her, her hand would tingle and give it all away.

Slowly the rest of the students made their way up to their own dorms till it was just me down there. Wrapped up in my own mind. As I sat there my mind would wander from trying to hate Y/n to things I admired about her. Back and forth just like that. And it drove me mad.

    Her bloody laugh and her stupid jokes. How she was a fool for not being scared of me. How could she have opened up to me about so much? She's just too naive just like her bloody best friend Longbotttom. How she let me do what ever I pleased. Treat her however I pleased. In all honesty she was too good for me and she didn't even see it. She should never have let me even touch her.

      But she did and I miss it. The fire I felt as my fingers dragged up and down her thighs as she rambled on with Pansy or as she read or did whatever pointless work she was doing. I could still feel her legs resting over mine sometimes.

Soon the common room was pitch black but I was still wrapped up in my own mind. I sat there for a bit just remembering the Christmas we spent together. I remember the feeling of her hand in mine as she tried not to fall. She was terrified but put her trust in me. I realized that I wanted that. For her to trust me and give her all to me. I wanted to be the one she went to when she was scared or mad. I wanted t-.

I got snapped out my thoughts by the painting getting swung open. I snapped my head back towards the sound and I tried to make out who it was.

"Lumos."

I watched the tip of their wand light up to reveal a smiling Y/n. She hadn't noticed me yet and continued to try to sneak up to her dorm.
I don't know why but I felt like messing with her.

"It's a bit late innit Love?" I asked and laughed when she shrieked.

"Fuck Malfoy!What the hell?!"

"I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. It's so funny when you're scared. You screamed like a prepubescent girl."