Missed

DRACO'S POV 

The second the words came out I regretted it. I took it too far, I always do. For some odd reason it pained me as I watched the tears bubble up in her eyes before falling down her cheeks that were reddened with anger.I had hurt her again. She would go right back to hating me. 

I didn't care that all her stupid Gryffindor friends were screaming at me along with Blaise or Pansy. I didn't care as I watched Cedric make his way over. I didn't care about the sting from the slap Pansy gave me. I couldn't care because she hated me while I could never hate her. 

                                                                           ***

For the first week she didn't leave her dorm. I watched as Pansy helped to sneak Neville up to their dorm to comfort her. I should have been the one doing it. I should have been the one comforting her but no I was the one she was hiding from. Because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Because I always took it too far.

 As selfish as it sounded I was hurting just as much as her. I missed her smile. How she wore it all day no matter what happened.The way her cheeks would turn red when she cracked the cheesiest jokes. The way her laugh boomed throughout the common room as she held her sides when she laughed too hard. The way she would gush about how her father bought her a new bottle of her favorite flower scented perfume. Or about the big oak tree in her back yard.  The way she would ramble on trying to explain something so simple. I missed how she always seemed to be happy. But I took that, all of it. I deserved to be in pain and I knew it. 

She eventually had to come down though. It seemed her father had finally realized she was serious about not wanting to sit near me anymore. He had switched her seat sitting with the Gryffindors next to that mud blood Granger. 

When she finally came back to class she wore her usual smile but her eyes were empty behind it. As if her mind was somewhere else. As she made her way to her seat her eyes met mine and he smile instantly turned into a scowl and she looked away. 

As much as it hurt i deserved it. 

The entire rest of the class she made it her point to avoid eye contact with me. 

Seemed Granger loved it though, her face lit up the second her eyes fell on Y/n. I mean I'd rather pitch myself off of the astronomy tower then pay any attention to Granger but there was something about the look she gave Y/n. The way her eyes seemed to be captivated by every little thing she did. Something about the look seemed familiar. Then it dawned on me. I gave her the same look. 

Did that mean.....

"Mr.Malfoy does something on the Gryffindor's side seem to be distracting you?"Snape asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh,ummm....No sir."I stumbled on my words. 

I heard a few laughs from around the room. 

"Well then maybe you'd like to keep your eyes to yourself hmm? I don't know why you find my dau..."

"I've got it sir."I said cutting him off."I've got it."

I could feel eyes on me and I looked around to see Y/n's e/c eyes on me. She didn't break eye contact for a bit she just seemed to be concentrating on something. A few seconds later I heard her voice in my head say,"Stop looking at me you twat.".With that she rolled her eyes at me and looked away. 

Holy hell! How the hell did she do that?

I looked down at my paper and tried to focus on what her father was saying.