ㅤ 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾.ㅤ

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑬 𝑽 𝑬 𝑹 𝑮 𝑹 𝑬 𝑬 𝑵
❝ 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

"𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀, 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒."

There was a tone of desperation in Billy Black's voice as he pleaded with his eldest, who, before his very eyes, was packing up her entire room. It was an abrupt decision, for the girl had been planning on staying in Washington for college, but then...

"Dad," May Black shook her head, sighing as she dropped another piece of clothing into the suitcase she'd bought for cheap at the thrift store. "It's May," she frowned. "Only mom called me Accalia."

"It's your first name--"

"And mom isn't here anymore," she cut him off, her voice shaking as she tried not to breakdown for the third time today. "I can't stay here, dad. All I can see, all I can hear, feel, in this house is mom. And every time, I just get reminded that she's gone."

"Honey--"

"It's not like I'm gone forever," she cut him off again. Her words immediately shut him up. "It's not like I'm gonna cut off contact. I just...I just won't be here. I need to leave, dad. I need to...to heal. Please. And getting accepted to Georgetown...this is huge."

Billy sighed, looking at his eldest with sad eyes. "May..."

"Dad, please."

He sighed again, frowning. "Your siblings..."

"They don't me, they need you," she clenched her jaw, glancing at the slightly open door of her bedroom, where the twins, thirteen-year-olds Rachel and Rebecca, were peeking through, tears rolling down their cheeks. They were lucky enough that Jacob was out with his friends, Embry and Quil.

"And what happens after? Once you graduate?"

"That's...I don't know yet." Shrugging, she continued to pack up her clothes. "If I feel like going back here, I would. But if I find more opportunities..."

"You sound like you're running away."

"Did I say I wasn't?" She asked rhetorically. "Dad," she knelt beside him as he sat on her bed. He had trouble walking around lately, and needed to constantly be sitting down. "I love you, I love the rez...but there's something in me that feels like I need to do this. And...and it's not just because of mom. It's...I don't know." She let a single tear slip. "I need to do this."

Billy looked into his daughter's eyes, silently mulling over his next words. "You promise to stay in contact?"

"I swear on my life, dad."

"Then...stay, just until Jacob comes home," there was finality in his tone. "You tell him your plans too. He deserves as much."

She bit her lip, took a deep breath, and nodded. "Okay...okay, I can deal with that. Then I leave after."

He nodded. "Then you leave after." Billy stood up, and gave his daughter a tight hug. "I'm gonna miss you, my little wolf."

She hugged him back just as tightly. "I'll miss you too, dad. I'll let you know once I'm in DC."

"You better."

"And I'll tell you every single thing about my friends so you can veto them."

"Good."

She then laughed tearfully, nodding to herself as she took one final look around her childhood bedroom. It'll be a while before she comes back.

If only she knew how accurate that statement's going to be.