I smiled. "Oh yeah?"

"We're going to Figure-Eight for the deliveries," the boy added. "And we need your strong arms to lift those bags"

"I'll help you," I hissed, a smile on my lips.

Pope's father rubbed my back gently, before kissing my head just like my own father would, and so I smiled more. The man had always been nice to me and welcomed me home when I wanted to spend time with Pope.

I smiled as I looked over at my two best friends who were in the back of the shop, but only Pope smiled back, while JJ just ignored me. The blue eyed boy grabbed two plastic bags filled with food and drinks and as he walked closer to me, instead of asking me to step aside, he shoved his shoulder against mine. I raised my brows up in a frown and looked at Pope, who seemed confused. "What's wrong with you?" I argued.

JJ didn't respond, he kept ignoring me childishly, bringing the bags outside with so much anger dripping off his eyes I started to wonder if our kiss was really the only reason why he refused to talk to me. I clenched my teeth, fighting the urge to slap or punch him, and I played cool. We finished loading the delivery bags on the boat silently, before Pope took over the wheel and guided us through the marsh. All of us stayed silent for a few minutes, an awkward atmosphere making it's way on the small boat, not sure why though. I finally made my way to JJ and sat next to him, as he focused on the iron lighter that was in between his fingers.

"Can we talk?" I asked him, and he didn't respond, which annoyed me. "Please"

"What is there to talk about?" he snapped, shoving the lighter in his shorts pocket before looking at me. "I think it's pretty clear for both of us what's going on"

I sighed, and threw my head back in defeat, not knowing how to deal with this delicate situation. JJ started playing with his own fingers, staring at me in the corner of his eye sometimes, as I pretended I didn't notice. "JJ, it was a mistake, I was drunk," I stated, very frustrated.

"You can't kiss me and run away," he muttered, getting up. "It's not fair Tessa"

I got up too and followed him as he made his way to the bow and grabbed it, tightening the knot at the end of it since the Country-Club's dock was now really close from us. He held the bowline firmly, his fingers clenched around it, like it could help him unleashing the anger or whatever he felt towards me in this moment.

"Yeah, it's not fair that you blame it on me now," I laughed ironically.

JJ kept quiet as our other friend docked the boat and he tied the rope, probably pretending he couldn't hear us when we both knew he did. The blonde boy grabbed a few bags and jumped on the dock, rotating to glance at Pope and Pope only. "I think we should split. You and Tess can go to the golf area and I'll go that way," he spoke, pointing at TannyHill with his finger.

"Yeah good idea," I stuttered making my way out of the boat before helping Pope out. "Then we can just meet at the boat"

Pope didn't discuss, he simply nodded as he gave each of us a few plastic bags before grabbing some himself. He then adverted me to follow him with a head tilt and we walked away from the boat and JJ simultaneously. We kept quiet for lasting seconds, both of us trying to act normal, as my eyes threw him fast corner glances he soon noticed. "Stop looking at me like I was going to yell at you," he scoffed.

"Oh yeah sorry," I mumbled.

We walked along the alleys of the Country Club for a little while, until we reached the huge golf area I had been at quite a few times in my life. Topper took me there when I was younger and bored at home, back when he didn't hate me for not being as Kook-ish as him, but especially back when I didn't know surfing was better than holding a club. Sarah didn't really like coming here, so she often dissuaded me to go, and so I had eventually stopped golfing.