Inconsiderate Feelings

Bongbong arrived at Leni's condominium for the reason that they would discuss something important.

On his way he couldn't help but feel nervous. He felt like after this conversation things would be different but being the optimistic he is he shrugged it off the thought and hoped for the best.

Arriving at her Building he went to the VIP area fortunately Leni told the guards to let his car enter without being identified. After parking his car he rushed to the elevator hoping no one would see him because if he does the media would go insane if they ever find out that Bongbong Marcos, Leni Robredo's number one enemy in politics would be present in her condo. Luckily no one was there. He walked in the quiet hallways until he had reached her door. Bongbong knocked at the door and waited. After a few seconds the door opened to see Leni in her night gown. He was signaled to enter which he complied.

"Mahal" he gave her a quick kiss on the lips

"Kumain ka na ba?" she deadpanned

He nodded in response and sat on the single seat couch and soon after Leni followed sitting on the bigger part as she placed tea she made infront of him.

"Thank you" Bongbong said and gave her a small smile but on Leni's end she was emotionless. Bong sensed that something was clearly wrong with her and asked "May problema ba?"

"Tayo ang problema, Bong" she bluntly uttered

"Napapagod nako sa ganitong set up. Yung lagi nalang tayo nagtatago parang pag nalaman ng lahat kung anong meron tayo ay magkagulo-gulo even though that's not the case. You've promised me that once the election season was over we can freely express our love for each other but that was a year ago. A year of constantly waiting but it never came eh and it might never will" tears streamed down her face

"Pag tatanungin ka if you're with someone and sasabihin mo no hindi naman ako naapektuhan doon noong una pero ngayon nasasaktan ako ng sobra" she stiffled

"How ironic it is na you gave me a promise ring promising na ipaglalaban mo ako kahit mahirap pero it turned out quite the opposite" she removed the ring and placed it infront of him.

Bongbong was frozen in his seat he wanted to defend his side but what she said was all true.

"I understand that your doing this for your own good pero lagi nalang ba para sayo pano naman ako Bong. I tried understanding you and your situation pero you never did the same"

Tears started to form in Bongbong's eyes.

"Hirap palang ipaglaban ang isang bagay pag hindi ka pala kayang ipaglaban" she said her voice filled with sadness, and frustration

"Mahal kita pero kung paulit-ulit nalang ganito to the point na nakakapagod na i rather be heartbroken." she dropped the bomb

"I'm sorry, Bong this has to end" that was the last thing she told him and left.

This was the first time Bongbong realized that he was inconsiderate with her feelings and only focused on his. He didn't have the courage to mutter anything because all she said was just facts. Hard cold facts which made him hate himself.