When lunch time came, I closed the clinic and went to his office. "Hey, are you hungry?" I asked. "I'm not," he said. He was looking tensed. Going to him, I sat opposite his chair and asked, "What happened? Why are you so tensed?" "I'm fine," he said. "Please, don't lie to me," I said rolling my eyes. I got up and went closer to him. Leaning on his table, I looked at him and waited for him to tell me. When he still remained silent, I held his chair and turned it towards me. Looking down at him, I asked, "What will it take for you to tell me?" He leaned back on his chair, comfortably and looked up at me. He sighed and asked, "What can you do for me?" He raised his eyebrows at me. "Anything," I said. "Think about it," he said. "I already did. Tell me," I said. He stood up and took the stethoscope off his shoulders. Resting it on the table, he slowly took one step at a time towards me while I took steps backwards. "Are you sure you will be willing to do anything?" He asked with a mischievous smile. "Yes," I said. My back touched the wall behind me and I stopped. His eyes dropped and followed his fingers, lightly brushing up my arm. It tickled and my hair stood on edge at the sensation. My heartbeats increased as I looked at him, trembling. "You know, there is one thing you can do for me," he said softly. "Wh...what is...that...?" I stammered. He came closer to me and whsipered in my ear, "Have dinner with me tonight." I sighed at his request. "I thought you might ask for something else," I said. "Should I?" He asked as his hand came on my waist, "Because I can, if you want." I blushed hard and managed to get away from him. Smiling, I bent my head as my back was turned to him and hid my blushing face. I was startled when he came behind me and asked, "What were you thinking when you said I would ask for something else? What's something else?" I turned my head to the other side and continued blushing. "Hey diva," he said turning me around to face him. He held my chin and raised my head. "You have all rights to ask me for anything if you want," he said, "What do you want?" "Lunch," I said with my tongue trembling and ran out of the office. 

I went across to the home and sat with Roopaji. Sidharth came and I avoided meeting eyes with him. "Are you alright?" Roopaji asked me. I nodded. "I'll get lunch for you," she said and was about to get up when Sidharth came with a plate of food for me. I smiled and took it. "Do you need me to feed you?" She asked. "It's ok. I have a spoon," I said. I ate the food and looked at Sidharth whose eyes were constantly on me. I felt shy as I looked away. However, knowing the way he was looking at me, distracted me too much. After completing lunch, I went and stood in the garden and looked at the flower plants, blooming. In a true sense, everyone's hardwork were now showing off its beauty. "Hey," Sidharth said coming to me. Standing next to me, he said, "I'm going back. You can stay here for the rest of the evening if you want. But, don't eat dinner. You have reservations already." I smiled as he left me. Someone tapped me on my shoulder and I dropped them saying without turning around, "Sidharth, I know, I will be there." "Where?" Sharad asked. I turned and looked at him. "Sorry, I thought you were..." I said. "It's ok," he said, "Can I ask you something?" "Yeah," I said. "Do you think that you can spend the rest of your life here?" He asked. I frowned at him. No matter how much this place meant to me now, I can't live here. I have my life back home. "Honestly, no, I can't. I can't imagine myself living here forever," I said. He gave me a small smile and left. I went back to the clinic and helped with the rest of the remaining appointments. As the last person came out, I locked the door of the clinic and went to Sidharth's office. "Your first day was successful. Come, I'll give you your daily wage," he said writing something something in his diary. "Sidharth, I don't need a wage," I said. "I will still give you one. You deserve it after how hard you worked," he said. 

He closed the diary and put it in his drawer. "Come," he said. I sighed and went to him. He rolled the chair slightly back and held my hand. Pulling me on top of him, he wrapped his arms around me and locked me. "Sidharth, what are you doing?" I asked. "Paying you your daily wage," he said smiling. "Let go of me. If someone sees us like this, what will they think?" I said. "There is no one here," he said softly. "Sidharth..." I said pouting, trying to get out. "Hey," he said stopping me. I looked at him, giving up. He gently planted a kiss on my forehead making fireworks burst in my head. Joining his forehead with mine, he said, "Your daily wage." I closed my eyes and smiled. "And dinner is waiting for you upstairs," he said. I pulled back and teased him, "There is no boiled eggs and fruit salad, right?" We giggled. "No, but it's a surprise so you have to close your eyes," he said. He finally let go and I got up. He stood up and tied my eyes with a handkerchief, making me blind. Wrapping his arms around me, he escorted and directed me upstairs. "Wait here," he whispered in my ear and left me. I could hear his footsteps getting lighter and lighter but I wasn't worried. After some time, there was no sound. "Sidharth...?" I called out. "One minute," he said. After a few more moments, he sighed and said, "Now." I untied the handkerchief and was swept away at what I saw. He arranged a small, cozy corner with a low table for dinner. Candles and rose petals decorated all around and the bright fairy lights in the dimmed house light made everything more romantic. My mouth was left agape at the level of effort he put in for this dinner. I smiled, touched.

___________________

Hey guys! Hope you all enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!