✴️Chapter 24✴️: Nora: three, Dure: zero.

Start from the beginning

"NOW!!!" He yelled. But before Ameed could start the car, it was too late. The cops were here.

Dure's hand roughly went through his hair, angrily. "Don't bother driving the car. Just stay still". He ordered Ameed before getting out of the car to meet the cops who were already making their way to his car.

Ameed picking Dure up was an evidence on his own that he was absconding which Dure wasn't. If such a thing was found in the Henia pharmaceuticals warehouse, it had to do with the director for he was in charge of the pharmaceuticals. Dure could just shift all the blame on the Director. But he absconding meant he knew something about it already and that had so many consequences that even he couldn't imagine. But Dure was quite smart and he was very sharp in thinking for solutions.

"At this time of the night, may we be honoured to ask Duke Dure where he's headed to in such an outfit?" One of the cops asked, finding him quite suspicious when they found out he was the one who came out of the exotic car.

"Good evening, officers. Your hard work is quite admirable. I was just on my way to the station to see for myself what was going on" Dure explained.

"Really? Your skill in gathering information supercedes that of the cops". Said another one.

"I'm flattered. It has to do with an arm of my many companies, of course I'd be informed. Shall we go to the station? The earlier we get this over with, the better". Dure said as he walked towards the cops. He was going to go to the station in their vehicle. He needed to get their trust. As long as the matter doesn't reach the RBI, he was willing to suffer for a short period of time.
________________________________✍️

Nora sat down at the corner of the room where her bed was situated, her legs crossed in yoga style as she took the last big bite from the apple while the lady who she had exchanged positions with earlier sat in front of her. Their beds was surprisingly beside each other so it was easy for them to converse.

"My name is Susan. Thank you for saving my life". The lady said once she observed Nora was done with the apple. Nora threw the apple core into the bin before turning to look at the lady in front of her.

"Save your life? I didn't save your life. I'm not that magnanimous". Nora replied her, resting her back on the wall behind her.

"Then why did you choose to go to the Queen's chambers after what I told you? Weren't you scared?" The lady asked her, curious to know why Nora did what she did.

"First of all, after what I've been through, nothing scares me more than the heart of humans. Secondly, I and the kitchen aren't exactly friends. Thirdly, I'm not that foolish to purposely enter a room of traps after being warned. As for you, you're the questionable one here. Seems like you know too much about this place for a new recruit". Nora asked her, hoping the lady will take the bait and tell her all she knew about this place.

"My sister was once a palace maid. But she died and no one ever spoke about her again".

"Another death" Nora muttered to herself. " Then why come here when you know how dangerous this place is?" Nora asked her.

"Because this place is a fifty fifty chance between survival and death" A total stranger, a maid like them said.

  "Who invited you to this conversation?" Nora asked her, rather rudely.

"I'm sorry. You seemed confused and I couldn't help but butt in and clear your confusion". The stranger said, sitting on the bed beside Susan. "I'm Kell by the way and it's nice to meet you"

"I'm Susan. Nice to meet you". Susan replied and the both of them looked at Nora waiting for Nora to introduce herself.

"I'm also Susan". Nora replied like it's the most obvious thing.